Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private transp

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hoorayjane

Re: Coventry to Stratford girls grammar school by private tr

Post by hoorayjane »

I have spoken to the lady about the extra bus option. At the moment she is waiting for the A level results(15th Aug) to see if extra pupils from these will boost numbers. So I am afraid it is a waiting game again! :?
I will phone her again towards the end of August...hate to keep pestering her but I don't know of any other way .Until then, I think we parents need to get together and organize a lift share standby position. Anybody interested from Balsall common or Kenilworth, please box me,
J
Spokenhands

Post by Spokenhands »

Spoken to the lady, no developments to report
11dad

Post by 11dad »

hoorayjane wrote:I have spoken to the lady about the extra bus option. At the moment she is waiting for the A level results(15th Aug) to see if extra pupils from these will boost numbers. So I am afraid it is a waiting game again! :?
I will phone her again towards the end of August...hate to keep pestering her but I don't know of any other way .Until then, I think we parents need to get together and organize a lift share standby position. Anybody interested from Balsall common or Kenilworth, please box me,
J
I'm a bit confused on the A level results comment, surely A levels spell the end of school and the end of the need for a coach? :?
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

Sorry that should have been A/S results :)
Johanna

Post by Johanna »

I would also be interested in a car pool if the second bus line isn't approved.
Spokenhands

Post by Spokenhands »

We have just had a bus pass from the Warks District Council come through for Kenilworth - SGSG.
I had been hoping the 2nd Johnsons bus would come through by now - doesnt seem to be going anywhere despite a robust expression of interest from several parents. We have not withdrawn our DD name but we wont be looking into the car-pool arrangement any longer.
Hope something works out for anyone pending travel arrangements. Good luck.
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

The second bus from Johnsons is almost certainly not going ahead, due to lack of numbers. Apparently at least 43 were needed to make it a viable option. I have now organised a lift share with another lady from Balsall Common.The second bus will become a reality as numbers increase on school intake again next year. Hope everyone manages to get themselves sorted,j
hoorayjane

Post by hoorayjane »

We now have assurances from Johnsons bus company that if we can supply them with 25 names and payment of £750 pounds up front for the year, they are happy to put the second bus on to both Stratford girls and boys grammar schools.I need all parents who are interested to in box me their details, so I can contact them. The bus will run on the same route as the existing Solihull, Balsall Common, Kenilworth, Stratford,
Many thanks,j