Its very quiet in here....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brum Mum

Its very quiet in here....

Post by Brum Mum »

Does that mean that everyone is already beavering away at their final prep? :)
ginx

Re: Its very quiet in here....

Post by ginx »

Brum Mum,

I've found Warwickshire a very quiet county. Don't know why! There must be lots of us out there (but of course we went through the 11+ last year and I'm so glad it's over).

Hopefully someone will respond soon. Are you working hard? :)
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

I think everyone is out enjoying the sunshine.......quiet all over the Forum! :D
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

ginx wrote:Brum Mum,

I've found Warwickshire a very quiet county. Don't know why! There must be lots of us out there (but of course we went through the 11+ last year and I'm so glad it's over).

Hopefully someone will respond soon. Are you working hard? :)
Hi Ginx,

It is very quiet - especially compared to some of the other areas isn't it?

Not at all as yet - but will be doing a small amount daily I think.

Looking forward to being out the other side for sure.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Pumpkin Pie wrote:I think everyone is out enjoying the sunshine.......quiet all over the Forum! :D
How dare they - don't they know its only 6 weeks and counting?? :lol: :lol:
ginx

Post by ginx »

Brum Mum, do you have a ds or dd - what books/papers are you doing? I am enjoying feeling smug that it's over. I really wouldn't have cared whether my dd passed or not, it's just nice knowing where she is going to school and looking forward. Especially now leaving junior school is over. That was a little sad.

I remember days of thinking "we should be doing something" and not doing it ... or doing 10 minutes and getting most of them wrong ... and Okanagan keeping me going with her supportive comments. And other parents saying their dc were doing 90 hours a week and always getting 100% or similar comments.

I don't know where the year has gone but yes, I am glad it's all over. I have just one more to go, but that's not for three years. And I'm on here because it's sunny; the kids are hot and bad tempered and now quiet. We'll go out later when it's cooler.

Good luck. I guess Brum Mum isn't going to be in east Warwickshire, where I am ...
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

Good luck Brum Mum. Like Ginx, all over for me too this year. We did a little each day in the summer holidays last year and it really paid off! Good luck to 'Little Brum Mum'! X
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

ginx wrote:Brum Mum, do you have a ds or dd - what books/papers are you doing? I am enjoying feeling smug that it's over. I really wouldn't have cared whether my dd passed or not, it's just nice knowing where she is going to school and looking forward. Especially now leaving junior school is over. That was a little sad.

I remember days of thinking "we should be doing something" and not doing it ... or doing 10 minutes and getting most of them wrong ... and Okanagan keeping me going with her supportive comments. And other parents saying their dc were doing 90 hours a week and always getting 100% or similar comments.

I don't know where the year has gone but yes, I am glad it's all over. I have just one more to go, but that's not for three years. And I'm on here because it's sunny; the kids are hot and bad tempered and now quiet. We'll go out later when it's cooler.

Good luck. I guess Brum Mum isn't going to be in east Warwickshire, where I am ...
I have a DS who decided that he wanted to go for it - so we're just supporting him and have discussed that it provides choices rather than being the be all and end all.

He does K__L on a Saturday, has a couple of one to one sessions booked this week to target the stuff that trips him up and I've got a couple of their packs here to start with....after that - I'm not sure really.

We only have one DC, so we only have to go through it once. He's done pretty well with his year 5 SATs and in a recent mock exam, and I want to support him, but without it taking over. He wants to learn which helps and reads plenty off his own back, so that helps.

The forum has been really interesting - I'd been lurking here for a while before I started posting and have followed some of the threads closely (results day was interesting)!

We're South Warks - although me and DH are both Brummies.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Pumpkin Pie wrote:Good luck Brum Mum. Like Ginx, all over for me too this year. We did a little each day in the summer holidays last year and it really paid off! Good luck to 'Little Brum Mum'! X
Aww thanks - this is also our plan :)
DarkEnergy

Post by DarkEnergy »

I am always amazed at how quiet this page is. I used to think that Warks parents didn't do much preparation, but DD in year 8 RHS says most girls had a lot of private tuition for 11 plus exam. DD says there are a few who passed 11 plus with very little preparation.

Apparently many DD who had lots of tuition for 11 plus have struggled to keep up with the pace at RHS.
DEATH rides a white horse named Binky
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now