Exam Date Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Brum26

Exam Date Question

Post by Brum26 »

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify something as I have read different things in different places it seems. Are the Alcester Grammar and KECH Girls test dates both going to be on Saturday 7th September? I'm sure I read somewhere that one was on the Saturday and the other on the Sunday.

Thanks
Okanagan

Re: Exam Date Question

Post by Okanagan »

Both on the Saturday. If you want to do both you will do the Birmingham one first, and the Warwickshire one a week later.
Wonka

Post by Wonka »

From experience this year I strongly advise Warwickshire parents who want their child to go to a Warwickshire school to apply to Birmingham and have the free practice.

I believe this strategy by Birmingham parents cost my DC their place at a Warwickshire Grammar School this year.
ginx

Post by ginx »

It's 7 September in Warwickshire - I've been asked to invigilate! I'll get to see the paper!
um

Post by um »

Oh dear Ginx, beware of parents sitting the 'later' Warks exam on 14 September who start pm- ing you for info afterwards :)
ginx

Post by ginx »

um,

I'm open to financial bribery :wink: Cash in hand (and lots of it!) :D

I imagine they probably have exactly the right amount of papers and no more (happens in GCSE's) so I won't be able to have a peep! Actually, I'm already sworn to secrecy.

I don't think many people have read this post so doubt very much anyone will pm me.
shakey

Post by shakey »

I don't think many people have read this post so doubt very much anyone will pm me.[/quote]

I have! I'll speak to you in around 3 months' time!! :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
ginx

Post by ginx »

OK, I'd love a peep if I get the chance. And I do have a son going into year 3 who will sit the 11+ in three years' time. So I'm surprised they've asked me to invigilate (I told them about my son).

He's not quite clever enough to sit the exam this year :lol: so doubt I can help him. Knowing the set up, I don't think I'd even see the papers. :(
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

You may get a chance, ginx because you will be invigilating the first session (bound to be some dc absent cos they're 'sick').

When my dd sat it, the sixth formers were going through it! And I doubt if this is true, but ds1 and his friend claimed that they found spare 11+ papers in their school's art room in the recycle box. :roll:

But anyway, you are in a very privileged position! :D Several months down the line, you could let us all know whether we're pitching the level too high or not.
ginx

Post by ginx »

There must be hundreds of invigilators like me. Or maybe the school will change their minds about using me. I will know lots of kids doing the 11+ (but maybe that's a good thing).

I'm beginning to feel a bit uncomfortable about it. You'd better all note that I'm sworn to secrecy :D but open to large bribes :D