Use of rubbers in the exam?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JamesDean

Use of rubbers in the exam?

Post by JamesDean »

Can DCs take rubbers into the exam with them? The familiarisation details say pens and pencils, but nothing else. Surely they should be able to change answer if they want to?

Any help from parents who've been through all this before grateful received, cheers :)

JD
hermanmunster

Re: Use of rubbers in the exam?

Post by hermanmunster »

I think they usually get instructions as to what to do if they want to change an answer - possibly cross it and mark the correct answer.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Not if it's multiple choice!
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

am sure it can be the case for MCQ too - in some places if you want to change the answer then you completely cross out the wrong one and indicate the correct one. Am sure the chldren will be given advice re this at the practice session
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Warwickshire isn't a separate answer sheet type of multiple choice, but a mark the box on the paper, or write the answer in the box (for the bits which aren't multiple choice). Look at the familiarisation sheet and you'll see that some of them wouldn't be easy to alter your answer without rubbing out.

I'm pretty sure ds1 took an eraser in with him when he did it, as well as several sharpened pencils, and a sharpener, just in case they all decided to snap!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Thanks Okanagan - we were going through the familiarisation sheet and he changed his mind for one of the answers and automatically rubbed it out. I couldn't imagine that this wouldn't be allowed but was unsure due to the 'pen and pencil' only rule. Think I'll send him in with a few pencils with rubbers on the end :)

No practice tests here, Herman, I'm afraid, hence my question.

JD
Tinkus-Pinkus

Post by Tinkus-Pinkus »

We have just had, instructions though for the CEM test in Bucks and it says that the child should bring 2 HB pencils a pencil sharpener and a rubber to the test in a clear plastic bag.

I expect each area is different.

All the very best in your 11 Plus journey.
um

Post by um »

As I don't have my letter yet, could I ask if there are any major things I should be aware of? Clearly children should bring their own stationery....
I assume my dd will take the test at AGS as that's where my ds2 sat - does anyone know what time we should arrive? Thank you.
I have told Warks that we don't have our letter and they are resending it.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Sorry you haven't had your letter yet, Um. Ours says test venue and date; arrival from 8.45 to 9.30am; pick up time 12.15pm. Test starts at 9.30am - late comers won't be allowed in. No-one to enter the buliding before 8.45am and only one parent / carer to drop off / pick up to avoid overcrowding.

Other things I noted were that snacks shouldn't contain nuts and that schools have been asked to remove graffiti from desks! :)

JD
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

DS says he was allowed to use a rubber in last years Warks exam. Good luck all :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now