Random question...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JamesDean

Re: Random question...

Post by JamesDean »

Wolves mum wrote:I used to work in a prep school and the results were in the staff room before parents found out. All staff were sworn to secrecy though.
Wish they did that at our school - I was in the staff room this morning! :shock:

JD
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

I agree with Okanagan, I don't think they know under the new system.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Speaking to our HT after assembly this afternoon with fellow 11+ mom, we happened to mention that the results were out next weekend. HT then said 'oh, I usually see them first so I can feedback any anomalies'. She went on to say she hadn't had them yet, but it was usually very last minute!

Won't be able to look her in the face next week now just in case she does know anything ....

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Ours said that they do usually get informed, but they haven't been yet.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I know for a fact that the schools do not now get told the results at the point that parents get the rank score etc. all they get sent is a blank copy of the letter so that they can explain how to read the letter.
Ghostlady

Post by Ghostlady »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I know for a fact that the schools do not now get told the results at the point that parents get the rank score etc. all they get sent is a blank copy of the letter so that they can explain how to read the letter.
Yesterday when I went to tell my DS's Head Teacher his Eleven Plus results it was clear she hadn't been informed of them prior to me telling her what they were
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

Our headteacher didn't know the results before we did. They did under the old system as it was an offer of a school place. Now it's purely personal and doesn't affect the school at all so they shouldn't know.
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

When I spoke to mine, he said that he was usually informed.

Doesn't really matter now I guess :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now