Late sitting of 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Janeymorris

Re: Late sitting of 11+

Post by Janeymorris »

I had a friend a couple of years ago (out of catchment) whose prep school advised just this, I.e sit the test as late as possible if out of catchment by saying moving into area (even as late as February), you have the added advantage of 4 months extra practice.as you don't get offer in first round anyway if out of catchment, best chance of getting good score !
guest201

Post by guest201 »

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought/heard that last year Out of catchment kids were given first round offers ( in east Warks) the schools set AQS made first round offers to kids in catchment then as they had not filled all the spaces they made first round offers to out of catchment kids.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes that did happen at LSS last year - but I suspect that was an exceptional circumstance as they'd increased the PAN significantly and seemed to make a decision not to reduce the qualifying score in line with it. Also this year they're reversed the order of the priority areas, which would in any case be expected to lower the score required in the outer area, but raise it in the inner area. I'd guess that they tried to pre-empt that last year with the score that they set (thinking that the top of the waiting list would then be people from the outer area) and the inclusion of the out of area people because they hadn't got enough qualified candidates was an unintentional consequence of that. (Not that anybody would admit it of course!)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now