11 + results warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lucylocket74

11 + results warwickshire

Post by lucylocket74 »

Advice needed! Total Standardised Score 198 provisionally ranked 541 out of 986 - im assuming based on explanation letter that this isn't a great score needed for grammar school but how do you know if its a score worth going the appeals route?!
sanisa

Re: 11 + results warwickshire

Post by sanisa »

Hi

I had similar query for one of my friend. He scored 216. On her paper work it says he has passed and got rank between 70-80 for LSS but not sure if he will get addmission for sure?
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

sanisa wrote:I had similar query for one of my friend. He scored 216. On her paper work it says he has passed and got rank between 70-80 for LSS but not sure if he will get addmission for sure?
Last year LSS offered down to 106th Eastern boys (they have 120 places!), and the score required was (the equivalent this year) of 214 for the inner area or 216 for the outer area. So definitely worth applying. It's ALWAYS worth applying if you thing you have a chance as it doesn't prejudice your chances for your next preference at all.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

lucylocket74 wrote:Advice needed! Total Standardised Score 198 provisionally ranked 541 out of 986 - im assuming based on explanation letter that this isn't a great score needed for grammar school but how do you know if its a score worth going the appeals route?!
This is for a boy presumably? The ranking in your part of the county is probably more relevant -
have a look here to see what rankings were needed last year. There usually aren't as many places available on appeal to the Warwickshire schools as there are in other parts of the country because they always offer up to their planned admission number, so there isn't any spare capacity. Read the Appeals Section of this site first, and if you need more advice post in the Appeals section of the forum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now