Re: Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Post by JamesDean »

Sorry, JMC, your DD!! Have DSs on the brain!!! :lol:

JD
baleh0

Post by baleh0 »

Well done everyone.

We are chuffed to bits with our DS, scored 212 with no tutoring just doing the occasional Bond test when he wanted to. He is 217/536 for Southern area and we have put KES down (Alcester too far and no buses) - if he gets in great, if not he is happy with his second choice.

Very proud of him for his maturity especially as he was only 10 in August!
desperatedam

Post by desperatedam »

is it necessary to include 11+ scores or ranks on the application forms? I can't seem to find info anywhere but I just don't want to mess up :?: :|
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

No desperatedam - the LEA will know these / have a list etc
desperatedam

Post by desperatedam »

hermanmunster wrote:No desperatedam - the LEA will know these / have a list etc
Thanks so much I know i am worrying too much :D
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:Sorry to ask, but with a Score of 220 and rank 158 out of boys south - Is it ok to hope we'd be ok for AGS but would be waiting list for KES..??

I've had a good read of the posts but I'm struggling to get my head around it! :roll:
For what its worth, Brum Mum and I'm not Okanagan (!), I think he'd be ok for Alcester. What's his ranking for all S Warks children? Take out those for KES and Shottery and you should have a ranking for AGS. Sorry, that's not perfect - its so confusing - and I have no clue about waiting lists!

At the end of the day 220 is a brilliant score, its just unfair that with KES's low PAN S Warks boys are disadvantaged with grammar places :(

JD
He was 296 out of 1097 all south.

I'm very proud of him and think he did very well.
LeeChase

Post by LeeChase »

I was feeling reasonably before having a relatively good grasp of maths and logic. Having seen this thread however I'm confident enough to predict my girl being offered a place at RHS. The whole two eastern area thing really does confuse the issue but this years change probably means it's more likely the top 120 girls applying to RHS will be offered a place rather than skewing the selection to the advantage of those inside east Warwickshire.

My advice would be to take the number of places available to your child (120 RHS + 15 Ashlawn). Put 10% aside for people moving into the area (12 RHS, 2 Ashlawn). This would suggest girls ranked down to 121st in these results can be confident of geting into RHS or Ashlawn. Remarkably matching last years lowest offer of 121st.

N.B. Deleted erroneous comment regarding last years content which was 120 at RHS.
Last edited by LeeChase on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naknat

Post by naknat »

Dear Okanagan,

Joining the others in saying -thank you SO much for your help!
Just one more question: I know the scores are standardised, but do we know the maximum standard score achieved in each of the 3 topics?
It would definitely help me to understand if our DD performed as we expected, as we have another DC to go through the same this year :)
We did everything by ourselves, no tutors, so it would be really helpful to know if our judgment was correct, to know if we could use the same tactics again this year.
paperino

Post by paperino »

We finally opened the letter she got 232 (65 th girl in South Warwichshire). So proud of her, but she is now extremely grumpy and she said she is not sure she wants to go to Shottery. .... I hope it's the effect of temporary stress :?
FelixJ

Post by FelixJ »

Hi

A quick query, Re Eastern Grammar Circle - Does this include both the inner and outer areas eg area 1 and area for ranking?

Cheeers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now