Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Re: Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Okanagan wrote:
Lovingmumoftwogirls wrote:Am I correct that my DD is borderline for sgs?
Her results are: 217 score, 165th out of 561 girls with 12 girls including her that share this ranking.
231 out if 977 girls
Last year SGS required the equivalent of a 215 score, and offered places on March 1st down to ranking 167th in South Girls / 246th all Girls. So yes, borderline, but maybe just on the right side of it! Remember people do turn places down, so there is some movement from the waiting lists, meaning that there's a chance that even if the required score rises slightly you'd be on the waiting list and get a place from that.
Thank you so much Okanagan!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Okanagan wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:We have ranking 158 out of boys south (including 9 others) - I'm struggling to get my head around it.
Last year that would have got a place at Alcester, and maybe the waiting list for KES (although I can't tell that without a score as well.)
Score was 220 - thanks so much for your help!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Bob1892 wrote:Congrats JD - being nosy - what was the SD score? (you can say approx if you like) :wink:
No problem, Bob. He scored 252 - 14th South Warks boys, 31 overall. Still can't quite believe it as he only decided he wanted to do it after the KES open morning! We did some prep over the summer (online on a website I probably can't mention?) but not a huge amount ...

Congratulations to all those who had good news today; and to everyone - you are all fab DC and DP :)

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Bob1892 wrote:Congrats JD - being nosy - what was the SD score? (you can say approx if you like) :wink:
No problem, Bob. He scored 252 - 14th South Warks boys, 31 overall. Still can't quite believe it as he only decided he wanted to do it after the KES open morning! We did some prep over the summer (online on a website I probably can't mention?) but not a huge amount ...

Congratulations to all those who had good news today; and to everyone - you are all fab DC and DP :)

JD
That's a fantastic score - well done to you both!!
Okanagan

Re: Historical data re qualifying scores for Warwickshire

Post by Okanagan »

Zakia wrote:Can anyone tell me if there is any benefit putting LS as first priority with a standarisrd score of 200 and when ranked 152 in Eastern area boys ? Or shall we lose all hope?
Could we still put ash lawn as an option
It doesn't hurt to put it down, but it's unlikely they'll drop the score required that far. There's nothing at all to stop you listing LSS and Ashlawn (selective) as your top two preferences - and even Ashlawn (selective) as your third (they do have a "grammar stream" for those who have good SATS but didn't get a selective place). Just make sure you put a school you are sure you'll get somewhere on your form, or you risk being allocated whichever is nearest to you with spare spaces.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:That's a fantastic score - well done to you both!!
Thanks Brum Mum. Its all so confusing, we are so lucky we got a concrete answer today. I hope your DS has scored enough too - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can help.

JD
Najma urfan

Post by Najma urfan »

Hi,my son score is 228,boys living in the eastern grammar circle:son is provisionally ranked 29 out of 379 and boys ranked 159/986. Can we get place in Lawrence Sheriff?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:That's a fantastic score - well done to you both!!
Thanks Brum Mum. Its all so confusing, we are so lucky we got a concrete answer today. I hope your DS has scored enough too - I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me can help.

JD
Thanks - I'm hoping Okanagan can help. Why did they have to change the scoring now??
lordloss

Post by lordloss »

thank you very much Okanagen (spelling?!)
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Najma urfan wrote:Hi,my son score is 228,boys living in the eastern grammar circle:son is provisionally ranked 29 out of 379 and boys ranked 159/986. Can we get place in Lawrence Sheriff?
Ranked 29th in Eastern boys you should be fine for LSS - they have 120 places to offer, 50% to inner circle then 50% to outer (including inner!) circle. So 29th would get you a place from either. The approximately equivalent score needed last year was 216 outer / 207 inner - so you're well above that.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now