Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

serendippyty

Re: Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Post by serendippyty »

sherlock1 wrote:Can you just confirm if these stats are for offers made in thefirst instance, ie. not taking into account those who got in off the waiting lists? If so do we know what the lowest offer (translated to this years scoring) wasfor each school for those kids who got in off a waiting list?

We have 211 and want Alcester - most of our rankings (girl) put us 10 or so below getting in but I don't know if those stats take account of waiting lists

tia
My son scored 311 last year (re-marked to 312) and achieved a place off the waiting list but not until May. He was not the last one in either as I know of a child who was offered a place several weeks later and of another offered a place over the summer holidays!
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Thank you okonagan... and serendippyty.
Your help is much appreciated

Serendippyty - So if you weren't offered a place until May did you have to accept your first choice comp and then chage your mind? How does the waiting list period work in relation to when you have to confirm school?

Okonagen - do the waiting list stats exist and if so can you convert them to this year's scoring?

Many many thanks
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Yes, we knew we were on the waiting list and accepted his place at Stratford High. When the offer was made for AGS, they then notified Stratford and he was given AGS instead. I never want to go through all that again! We were due to appeal for AGS the following week so were highly relieved not to have to do that!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Okanagan wrote:The equivalent of 220 would have comfortably qualified for Alcester last year (about 210 would probably have been needed) - and they offered down to rank 411th of South children, so you're well inside on that measure too. I'd be fairly confident of a place with that score/ranking.
See, I knew Okanagan would know - that's fab :D

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

For what its worth, Brum Mum and I'm not Okanagan (!), I think he'd be ok for Alcester. What's his ranking for all S Warks children? Take out those for KES and Shottery and you should have a ranking for AGS. Sorry, that's not perfect - its so confusing - and I have no clue about waiting lists!

At the end of the day 220 is a brilliant score, its just unfair that with KES's low PAN S Warks boys are disadvantaged with grammar places :(
He was 296 out of 1097 all south.
The equivalent of 220 would have comfortably qualified for Alcester last year (about 210 would probably have been needed) - and they offered down to rank 411th of South children, so you're well inside on that measure too. I'd be fairly confident of a place with that score/ranking.
Thank you so much - very much appreciate your help!

We would be lost without you.
LeeChase

Post by LeeChase »

In the eastern area the changes will, as stated by others, affect the AQS. Previously 50% of places were given to children in Eastern Warwickshire over and above any awarded to children in the top 50% of both eastern areas. This year it's much more likely to result in the top 120 of both ares, unless those in Eastern Warwickshire scored lower on average than the children in the circle only.

My daughter is 52nd in Eastern area but not significantly better than last years adjusted scores. As a result I would guess the AQS will be a bit lower this year, but think you can only really go by the rank. Assuming 10 percent migration as per my previous place I think a rank of 108 should be ok. Unfortunately without a crystal ball it's difficult to be certain.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, Leechase. My daughter started at rhs in Sept, four classes, each with thirty in, or more, she thinks there are 123 girls.

Your daughter should easily get in. Tell her to look forward to it. :D
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Hi folks. I'm another lurker (although that does sound kinda creepy, lol). I've been keeping an eye on the advice, info and fun on this forum for a while.
I entered my DD for the 11+ as an opportunity to practice taking an exam in an different environment, rather than with expectations of her getting a place at a grammar, and wasn't expecting much, as we hadn't done any prep or tutoring (DIY or otherwise). While she hasn't got a score that will gain her a place at GS, I'm blown away that she got a score of 196, and am extremely proud of her. Looks like the kid is brighter than I thought!
We have got rankings etc for the Southern area, if they would be of any use to anyone for compiling lists or info. I'm quite happy to post them on here, or PM them to the Mighty Okanagon. Let me know if they would be helpful.
In the meantime, huge congratulations to all those that have got the scores that they hoped for. For those in limbo, or who may have had a disappointment, I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and with all the love and support shown by the DP on this forum, I'm sure all their DC will flourish, wherever they go!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes feel free to contribute scores, here or by PM. I'll try to collate a list in the next day or so (probably tomorrow rather than today though),
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Okanagan wrote:Yes feel free to contribute scores, here or by PM. I'll try to collate a list in the next day or so (probably tomorrow rather than today though),
Yes, please have a day of rest, Okanagan! :lol:

JD