Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nellywelly

Re: Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Post by nellywelly »

Righto, for a TSS of 196:

Girls in south - ranked 354 out of 561 (11 achieved the same)
All in south - ranked 711 out of 1097 (19 achieved the same)
All girls - ranked 532 out of 977 (17 achieved the same)
All children - ranked 1105 out of 1963 (27 achieved the same)

Hope that's of some use to you. You do a sterling job Okanagan, stats make my head hurt at the best of times! :?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

What info would be helpful Okanagan?

I'm more than happy to post info if it helps people for next year :)
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

Hi everyone. I was talking to a high school teacher friend of mine over the weekend & mentioned the change in weighting. She said that VR is seen to be more of a grammar school skill than the other two, hence the increase in its importance this year. That quite shocked me as I always thought they wanted the more numerically biased children but I presume she's got that knowledge from somewhere!

With this in mind, I am even more relieved that my boy pretty much got the same score across all 3 areas despite us all thinking his strengths were in maths & NVR! (He's got a score which should see him comfortably get into AGS, :D :D )
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Until the change to the current testing regime the Warwickshire testing was only VR. There were maths-type questions in it, but nothing like NVR, as my DD (now Year 12 and the last not to do CEM) reminded me last week. Apparently she liked NVR and was disappointed not to be able to do it!
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

Interesting, Warks mum. Maybe they're just going back more to how they used to do it. Bit naughty really though with no warning but, then again, maybe it shouldn't matter how it is weighted and it is only us all gleaning together lots of info that we really shouldn't know that led us to presume that was how the exam was going to be?

Who knows!

:?
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

I was sure that I read on the LEA website before about the weighting, so I also think its naughty that they changed it so close to the results day.
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

Well, if it was on their website then it is quite shocking let alone a bit naughty!