Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Fatnorville

Re: Warwickshire results arrived by post this morning

Post by Fatnorville »

He got 220 today (good enough for LSS which is why we started this journey) and 233 yesterday with Bham.

Glad this is all over. Phew.

I've had a few glasses of wine and have 70's rock music blaring out. Been spending a bit of time on the Bexley forum looking for the opportunity to start a fight, but to no avail.

However the night is still young and there is more wine in the chiller....
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Fatnorville wrote:He got 220 today (good enough for LSS which is why we started this journey) and 233 yesterday with Bham.

Glad this is all over. Phew.

I've had a few glasses of wine and have 70's rock music blaring out. Been spending a bit of time on the Bexley forum looking for the opportunity to start a fight, but to no avail.

However the night is still young and there is more wine in the chiller....
Great news - so pleased for you and DS :) I am still in shock - still expecting the real results to arrive tomorrow! Large g&ts have been consumed, which are helping.

Now leave Bexley alone - Brum Mum and I don't want to have to come over and rescue you :lol:

JD
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

I assumed we were not posting Standardised score.Since ok to post I will. My DS scored 258 . Another deliriously happy mum here :D
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Another cracking score! Congratulations to your DS!...and to parents (this is a journey that a DC rarely makes alone...)
kanamm

Post by kanamm »

Fatnorville wrote:Another cracking score! Congratulations to your DS!...and to parents (this is a journey that a DC rarely makes alone...)
Congratulations to you and your DC too! And to everyone else! May God bless all our DC's with a bright future whichever school the end up going to :)
paperino

Post by paperino »

They arrived, yesterday I haven't opened them yet. Too scared + CD having sleepover with friends and wants to open them first.
Congratulation to everybody, we should all be proud of our children for the effort put in. But I wonder if it was fair on our DC to put them under so much stress and, in many cases, disappointment. ....Just an early morning thought, after been awake most of the night thinking about what to say to my dd if she does not pass. I am so proud of her.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Well done to everyone, dc and dp's - sounds like almost everyone had good news! Well done, everyone. Now, how many of you can manage to leave the forum ....

I've enjoyed reading your results, sorry for anyone who didn't pass though :( but it's not the end of the world, even if it feels it now, it isn't. You can still celebrate it's over and plan to look forward to the school you think you've got in to (there must be some good points, even if it isn't your chosen gs).

I don't know how Okanagan kept going. How many question were posted to her? Many. And so many friendly lurkers appeared. Think she deserves a big Christmas hamper ...

Well done. You can relax over the weekend now, and celebrate the fact it's all over. Well done again.

Ginx
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Hi all,

I think I can safely say that DD has a good chance of getting into SGS or Alcester with a not bad but not brilliant score of 217.

I need some advice from you all:

Will DD be ok at either of these schools , given that she will not have been one of their stronger candidates? She was also tutored . Group tutored, but tutored all the same.

She was a 5c average in all her subjects at year 5 end.
Any advice welcomed.

Congratulations to all you loving parents, whether your dc scored high or not, because the dc all tried and should be rewarded so.
Best wishes to all our DC for their happiness and future.
CovGrad

Post by CovGrad »

paperino wrote:They arrived, yesterday I haven't opened them yet. Too scared + CD having sleepover with friends and wants to open them first.
Congratulation to everybody, we should all be proud of our children for the effort put in. But I wonder if it was fair on our DC to put them under so much stress and, in many cases, disappointment. ....Just an early morning thought, after been awake most of the night thinking about what to say to my dd if she does not pass. I am so proud of her.
For what it is worth we have spent the time since the exam emphasising that there is no pass or fail - it is a number!! Our DD worked on the basis that she needed to get enough correct answers to give her that number or above to stand a chance of getting her school of choice - not knowing that it would change by the way they have calculated weighted things this year - but that's another story!
We also emphasised how proud we are of her regardless, and that it was a very short (2 hours) snapshot - taking the exam would not result in her being any more or less able than she is already, and we loved her whatever the outcome.

How can we not be proud of them - they have all worked sooo hard!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

CovGrad wrote:not knowing that it would change by the way they have calculated weighted things this year
None of us knew that until yesterday. Personally not good news - both my boys are much stronger on maths/nonverbal than on the verbal side so it doesn't bode well for ds2 in 4 year's time that the weighting of those has been reduced. Still at least we have plenty of time to prepare (meaning word games etc, not papers!)