Collated scores / rankings for 2013 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
grahamh

Re: Collated scores / rankings for 2013 results

Post by grahamh »

My daughter had score of 225, was ranked 107 (8) in Southern Girls, 243 (11) all Southern, 143 (15) all Girls, and 331 (23) All Children.

Thanks that is a great resource for the future as well.
soupdragon

Post by soupdragon »

Son scored 215, ranked 80 out of 379 in the eastern grammar circle. Live just outside of Warwickshire. What are the chances of him getting into one of the grammar schools in rugby?
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

A lot will depend on the AQS for East Warks schools.

There has been talk on this forum that the AQS compared to last year is likely to move as a result of admission arrangements. It has been suggested that there will be a rise in the inner sector but a fall in the outer, which based on last years scores would work in your favour.

However even for parents within the priority area admission can be a lottery thanks to recent rule changes and the inner / outer confusion.

Best of luck!
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

A question for the esteemed Okanagan:
Based on the collated information / scores from this year's exams, would you be able to say a DD with a ranking if 165 (with 11 others at this ranking) will have a better or worse chance this year at getting in to Shottery. You did answer my question on the day of the results based on last years results. Just wondering whether any new information obtained over the past two weeks will have amended your views. Thank you x
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

It might be a little better now than it looked originally, as the Birmingham Grammars have almost all increased their admission numbers this year. That might mean a few who would have gone for SGS - or one of the other South Warwickshire schools - get Birmingham places this year.
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Okanagan wrote:It might be a little better now than it looked originally, as the Birmingham Grammars have almost all increased their admission numbers this year. That might mean a few who would have gone for SGS - or one of the other South Warwickshire schools - get Birmingham places this year.
Thank you again Okanagan. I have really appreciated your input in this minefield of 11 plus exams/ school choices/ chances of getting in etc. !
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

For those of you who wanted the Alcester waiting list info...I was the one who asked for it, but I did only ask for girls. Answers I was given:

Lowest offer to Alcester off waiting list was equivalent to 206 this year.
Ranked: 224 of girls in south warwickshire
Ranked: 458 within all south warwickshire children.

Hope this helps
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

If you are in a location which has reasonably good access links to Alcester you're probably in a good position, because there are some fairly densely populated parts of the circle from which Alcester is logistically impossible for most people. So there are plenty of people who have scores which would qualify them, but have to rule it out as they simply can't get there.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Okanagan wrote:If you are in a location which has reasonably good access links to Alcester you're probably in a good position, because there are some fairly densely populated parts of the circle from which Alcester is logistically impossible for most people. So there are plenty of people who have scores which would qualify them, but have to rule it out as they simply can't get there.
Love this one Okanagan, keep 'em coming. In lucky position to live 200 yds away! Which as we are borderline means that EVERY LITTLE HELPS! (where have I heard that before??)
khanp

Post by khanp »

Our son got 223 with the new marking system this year.

He was ranked 369 out of 1963 (21 other children got the same)
He was 201 and of out 986 (East Side) (11 children ranked the same)

I have a son already at LSS in year 8. He got in via appeal. We live in Coventry and are out of the catchment area (11 miles out).

What are my sons chances of getting into LSS for 2014.

The work you have done regarding the collation of the data is fantastic.

Like any other parent we have to wait for what the school has set for AQS.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now