Collated scores / rankings for 2013 results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JamesDean

Re: Collated scores / rankings for 2013 results

Post by JamesDean »

Who sets the AQS? The individual schools or the LA???

JD
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Neither - it is set by a "committee of reference". Essentially that means the heads of the schools or their representatives (separate committees for East and South).
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Oh - so what KenyanCowGirl says about them inflating the AQS to gain more out of priority area high scorers is quite feasible ... :shock:

JD
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Yes. If you work through the figures for LSS last year you'll see that's exactly what happened - well not exactly inflating it, but not reducing it in line with the extra places they'd introduced, meaning that the extra places went to outer circle and out-of-area people. They expanded from 90 places to 120, but only dropped the AQS by one point compared to the year before, so they had spare places left over to offer to out of area people. They'll have known this was going to happen when they set the score (ostensibly to maintain the same standard of intake). The lowest ranked Eastern area boy to get on offer on March 1st last year was 106th. I'd not be surprised to see similar happening again this year.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

A score of 220 would also give a ranking of 97 of 723 in Eastern Circle, and 58 of 379 of all boys in the same circle.

Edited to say the same boy ranked #1 in our hearts!

Edited again to say ranked #1 in the hearts of the Family Norville, not the hearts of everyone on this forum. To assume that would just be arrogant.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Fatnorville wrote:A score of 220 would also give a ranking of 97 of 723 in Eastern Circle, and 58 of 379 of all boys in the same circle.

Edited to say the same boy ranked #1 in our hearts!

Edited again to say ranked #1 in the hearts of the Family Norville, not the hearts of everyone on this forum. To assume that would just be arrogant.
Would #4th do Fatnorville? I don't want to sound churlish, but theres a few in the queue before your boy for me, though I'm sure he's lovely. Now I feel bad......... :? :?
Sosalou

Post by Sosalou »

My DD got 219 and this placed her 42nd out of 344 girls in east (along with 2 others) and 104 out of 723 children in East (along with 8 others). It placed her 209 out of 977 girls (along with 7 others) and 459 out of 1963 children ( along with 22 others).
I hope this information helps.
Another thing- I keep reading posts that state that all independent primaries prepare children for 11+. I teach in one and we don't!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Sosalou wrote:Another thing- I keep reading posts that state that all independent primaries prepare children for 11+. I teach in one and we don't!
Thanks for that Sosalou. Always good to hear from people with real experience and not rely on rumour and myth! Of course, it may not be true for all independents!!! :)

JD
Quinny

Post by Quinny »

My daughters score was 203 out of 344 girls for the eastern area, ranked 93 (10 others also achieved this score)
Quinny

Post by Quinny »

My DD ranked 93 out of 344 girls in the eastern area (along with 9 others). I've found the results so very confusing, if anyone is able to reassure me of my understanding I would be grateful.
We are hopeful for RHS who admit 120 pupils, 60 for the inner area and the remaining for the inner and outer area combined (we are in the outer area).
Am I correct in thinking she would become 33 of the remaining places after inner circle, therefore I should be reasonably confident she may get a place? I keep panicking I've got it wrong and to scared to feel happy about her result!