to move or not to move? help pls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cupcakecrazy

to move or not to move? help pls

Post by cupcakecrazy »

We live 0.7 miles outside the eastern warwickshire priority circle and I am fretting because I do not know what to do.

my son ranked 7 out of the 300+ boys who took the test for the eastern circle and he wants to go to lss (he thoroughly enjoyed the open day and is convinced that lss is the school for him)

Does his marks mean that he will get in lss?
It stated tha two other children got the same score as he did. Does that mean that there are 3 children who ranked 7 in the test?
Is it necessary for us to move within the priority circle to ensure that he gets in? I have heard of other children who got in lss even if they do not live in the priority area.

Please help!!! Any reply would be appreciated :)
Okanagan

Re: to move or not to move? help pls

Post by Okanagan »

Do you mean outside the circle completely. Or outside the inner area but in the 10 mile circle? I didn't think they gave area rankings if you were outside of the circle?
cupcakecrazy

Post by cupcakecrazy »

Hi!

Our house is 0.7 miles outside the circle. I am really confused because it stated in the results letter that we are within area 1 and area 2 of the eastern priority circle.

is it because I advised them that we will be moving within the eastern priority circle by the 10th feb 2014?

Problem is that im not sure if I can afford to move. Please help. Should I risk it and stay in our house or rent rooms in a shared accomodation for me and my son. Help!!!
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

Hi there! In my opinion you have nothing to worry about .Even if you are in the area 2 with that ranking your son will get into first 50% of the places given to the outer area. Good luck.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

"within area 1 and area 2 of the eastern priority circle" will be because you told them you would be moving. What did you get in the "all boys" ranking? That may be more relevant to what would happen if you stay where you are.

You should also check the regulations regarding moving:
http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/wp-conte ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - page 14

"To qualify as a resident of a grammar school priority area you must provide Warwickshire’s Admissions Service with your council tax property reference number (for the relevant property). This will allow confirmation of your address. If you cannot provide your council tax property reference number you must contact the Admissions Service for a list of alternative evidence that you will need to submit. Parents / carers have until 03 February 2014 to prove their address. If you live outside of Warwickshire you will need to provide your home authority with proof of your new address which satisfies their requirements."

and
http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/secondaryschool#6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"If you are moving into Warwickshire, you must provide proof of your new address by 03 February 2014 for September 2014 entry. If the Admissions Service does not receive sufficient proof by this date, your original address must be used for admissions purposes.

If your move involves the purchase of a property, you will need to provide appropriate written evidence in the form of a letter from your solicitors detailing your exchange of contracts and the actual completion date. A letter of intention to purchase is not sufficient

If your move involves the renting of a property, you will need to provide appropriate independent written evidence (e.g. from an Estate Agent or Solicitor) of the tenancy agreement or lease including the start and end dates. You will also need to provide appropriate written evidence (in the form of a letter from your Solicitor or Estate Agent) confirming the sale of your existing property. Any tenancy agreement needs to have an end date later than the start of the appropriate Autumn Term.

If your move involves you returning to live in a property that you already own, you will need to provide appropriate written evidence of the date that you will resume living in the property and that you intend to remain living there for the foreseeable future. If you have rented this property out, please provide evidence that you have given your tenants notice to leave
If your move involves you residing with a member of your family, we will need to see your child benefit book, showing that the child is resident at the relevant address.

Please note that unless the written evidence provided proves, to the satisfaction of the Authority, that you have moved or will move to the address that you indicate, we will not be able to consider your application from your new address. Please talk with the Admissions Service about your specific case."
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

Ups...my mistake i assumed that the move is from area 2 to area1. :?
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Discussion around a similar theme going on here...Might be worth keeping an eye on this thread.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 37&t=34575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;