Happy New Year! (And we're half way there ...)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JamesDean

Happy New Year! (And we're half way there ...)

Post by JamesDean »

Just realised that we are half way between Oct 31st and March 3rd!

JD
Brum Mum

Re: Happy New Year! (And we're half way there ...)

Post by Brum Mum »

Happy New Year JD - and all of the other Warwickshire-ites :D

I think this will be the hardest bit, to be honest with no Christmas distractions in the middle!

BM x
ginx

Post by ginx »

It will pass! For me, the last couple of weeks were the worst. Somebody said that dd2's headmaster at school knew the week before results were out (although I'm not sure if this was true) but he went into a top maths class and asked some children some questions about what they were doing. He asked the ones who had passed (but they were always likely to pass).

Of course, he could have just been checking up on the teacher.

I think it was Okanagan who said the school didn't know before the children did. It just made me wonder.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

They definitely don't know before the children and, only know now, if you have told them what your child scored. Schools only get sent a blank template letter so that they can try and answer parental queries about rank scores etc, they do not get the information from the 11+. They did use to get it around Christmas time, when the results etc were kept quiet from parents until national offer day but, since last year, when parents were given rank scores etc in October, the schools get nowt!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:... with no Christmas distractions in the middle!
... Valentine's Day ... Pancake Day ... I'm running out of distractions now BM ... :lol:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:... with no Christmas distractions in the middle!
... Valentine's Day ... Pancake Day ... I'm running out of distractions now BM ... :lol:

JD
We've booked to go to Harry Potter World in February - we don't tend to bother with Valentines, other than a card.

I'm really excited! Sad, but true!
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:They definitely don't know before the children and, only know now, if you have told them what your child scored. Schools only get sent a blank template letter so that they can try and answer parental queries about rank scores etc, they do not get the information from the 11+. They did use to get it around Christmas time, when the results etc were kept quiet from parents until national offer day but, since last year, when parents were given rank scores etc in October, the schools get nowt!
Ours didn't know before we did.

I wonder if they are informed ahead of allocations day? :roll:
crocodile

Post by crocodile »

Hello All
Happy 2014 to everyone. I have literally been counting days and it seems to be only significant date I am interested in.
I like the idea of finding distractions as well. I have had 2 weeks off from work over xmas and new year and am sure that life will get so much busier when I go back, hopefully will not have the time to dwell on the results day.
I too need to book some interesting diversions to distract us all from the results.
Good luck and keep the faith
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

On count down now: 6 weeks and 4 days for us - website is still showing 1 March as offer day...

Trying not to think about it, but getting a little nervous if truth be told (and fed up with people asking us where DS will be going). :|
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh good grief! I WASNT nervous at all, but now I am!!

Surely there isn't any point in feeling nervous 8 weeks or whatever before the allocations come out? It's not like we can do anything to influence it now.........before the exam we were full of 'should we just to a bit more practice on this, that or the other', but this is totally out of our hands now, surely we should get a grip and not let ourselves get nervous. It's what we'd say to our children, after all.

I am not,by the way, criticising, as I am now nervous too, but I AM going to give myself a severe talking to, as it is simply not worth worrying unless you can do something to influence the result.

Chin up guys
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now