Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm 

This is my first post, so I apologise if this has already been answered somewhere.

Does anyone know what bus company and number goes from just outside Warwick Gates to KES (I assume that it drops off in Stratford and doesn't go to the school itself).

I have already started worrying about not getting a place on the bus and i will have to take my son to school every day,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:16 pm 

Hi Beck1969

The bus which goes past Warwick Gates is the 140. It is a school bus which you apply to Warwickshire county council transport department.The transport department did worry us that we may not have a place when we applied but we have secured a place for the last 2 years.

It is a vacant space scheme and the bus has changed routes and bus numbers a few times but it still has the same destinations.

It stops in 2 to 3 places in Stratford near KES and then goes on to Shottery and Alcester. Quite a few children get on at Warwick Gates and Whitnash and the children have others then to walk with them to school, when they get off in Stratford.

I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:27 pm 

Hello!

Can't help with the bus - DS will be on the 16 - but just wanted to say hi from another local hoping for KES :) Not long to wait now ...

JD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:55 pm 

Hello, plus us, 216 here! (Bus route, not 11 plus score :lol: :lol: )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:03 am 

Thanks for info. Have since spoken to WCC about vacant Seat process and understand all now. WCC very helpful by the way. Just need to wait until time to apply.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:02 am 

I called yesterday too. They were very helpful. And tactfully didn't notice when I choked on the price. I know broken down it's not that much per day, but naively I never thought about cost of buses which you think of as arbitrary. Oh no, sigh, a few less gin slings for me then.......