Waiting List thread - come and join me!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
FelixJ

Re: Waiting List thread - come and join me!!

Post by FelixJ »

Lss may also look at numeracy scores too
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Only as a tiebreaker where distances are equal:

"Within all criteria first priority is given to those achieving the highest score in the11+ test. Where there is a need to split any category or group of pupils, places will be offered in accordance with distance between the child’s home and school (shortest distance = highest priority). Distance will be calculated by the straight line measurement from the address point coordinate of the applicant’s home address (as set by Ordinance Survey) to the centre point (“centroid”) of the school in question (All distances are subject to changes which may occur with updates of mapping data). This applies equally to those living inside and outside the County’s boundary. Where there is a further need to split any category places will be offered by taking the pupil’s score in the Numeracy section of the paper."
chebiyebu

Post by chebiyebu »

Still worried,anxiously waiting for the waiting list figures,poor ds,my head is hurting from comparing all the statistics,ds score 221,if anyone knows any new information please let me kn RHS. Is our choice. :?:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

chebiyebu wrote:Still worried,anxiously waiting for the waiting list figures,poor ds,my head is hurting from comparing all the statistics,ds score 221,if anyone knows any new information please let me kn RHS. Is our choice. :?:
The letter I have says that 203 is the AQS for RHS, waiting list 198+ ... Have you checked the admissions website? Are you in the priority area? Sorry, I don't pretend to understand the inner / outer bit but I'm sure someone will be along who does ...

JD
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

We have been told that LSS offered to "category 5" (out of area and late) applicants down to a score of 213. So if RHS is similar (and the required scores for RHS are actually usually lower than for LSS) then you should be ok with 221.
CovGrad

Post by CovGrad »

Your earlier post indicated that you weren't sure that Warwickshire admissions had actioned your late app??
I would suggest you contact the admissions office tomorrow and speak to somebody directly. Anyone who has dealt with them today has spoken very highly as to how helpful they are.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Okanagan wrote:We have been told that LSS offered to "category 5" (out of area and late) applicants down to a score of 213. So if RHS is similar (and the required scores for RHS are actually usually lower than for LSS) then you should be ok with 221.
Yep, Okanagan - the letter says KES, SGSG and AGS cat 2; LSS and RHS cat 5 and AS cat 4.
Edited to add - there's nothing about being 'on time' for the Rugby schools unlike the S Warks ones.

HTH,

JD
JMW

Post by JMW »

Looks like it's just you and me for now in waiting list limbo sherlock...fyi checked dd letter and 11 ck on 212 not 17. Similarly worried about being bottom of a gs and appealing a place at sggs. Any advice from previous appealers please pm me thx.
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

I know - I thought there would be more of us fretting - hopefully since the 11+ there has been a mass emigration of people who scored between 209 and 213 so that's why no one's posted!!

I have spoken to a number of people about the whole will they struggle issue. Both DD's teacher and tutor are suprised she didn't get in automatically and say with 5A/6's at end of Y6 she will thrive. Also my DD has a very good work ethic and really tries to do her best which will help. I feel reassured it wouldn't be too much for her - I guess in the event if it is you just look to move them.

One thing I heard from a friend who got in off the waiting list last year which did concern me. She said that after the waiting list stats are available next monday, people from out of area and who didn't put a particular school down can be added in to the mix - her son was say 8th on the list on the monday and then he went down to 17th. Apparently this can happen over a period of time. This worries me as it makes our position less certain.

I am going to speak to admissions about this next week and will let you know what they can tell me about it.
JMW

Post by JMW »

Yes I have heard that they can leapfrog straight over us but this must happen every year and yet the school s still can offer 20/30 places down the wl. Also by definition they must live 18 miles or so away with no school bus..not easy for ags. So take heart...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now