SGGS - Parking a problem?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

gillw

SGGS - Parking a problem?

Post by gillw »

We visited SGGS yesterday for their Open Evening and were impressed with what we saw. We did notice that there appeared to be a parking issue given the location of the school. The Anne Hathaway car park (which the school advised we could use) was full and most surrounding side roads were either full or had limited parking. We're not sure if this was mainly due to the open evening (which was packed!) or if this is the "norm".

Whilst we like the school a lot, we would be traveling to the school by car and was wondering if parking is likely to be an issue (as I know it is with most schools).

Does anyone have experience of SGGS & parking?

Thanks in advance.
serendippyty

Re: SGGS - Parking a problem?

Post by serendippyty »

Parking is a pain for SGGS and for KES to be honest but it won't be an issue in the mornings as you can just drop off, you won't need to park. In the evenings I would arrange to collect from down the road a bit later and again, you will only need to pull in for her to jump in?
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I would avoid the road directly outside school in the half an hour before and after school as it's stuffed full of buses trying to get into and out of the turning circle and chances are they are bigger than your car! At one end it's effectively single file traffic which is challenging at the best of times.

I would choose a suitable meeting point a fair distance from school if you're regularly travelling by car, which doesn't involve driving down Shottery Road.
kongo1959

Post by kongo1959 »

Normally drop my DD into Shottery once a week, don't find it a problem, either drop off in Quinney's Road which is opposite the staff entrance or by the Bell pub which is 2/3 mins walk away, as others have said avoid Shottery Road or you will get caught up the school bus convoy.
gillw

Post by gillw »

Thanks to all for the replies and useful information. Just hope DD does well in the 11+ now as we really liked the school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now