AGS First Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Brum Mum

AGS First Day

Post by Brum Mum »

Hi everyone,

Just a thought really, do they need to take all sports kit in on their first day? I've asked DS and he doesn't know.

I don't want to weigh him down with everything, but I don't want to not send what he needs!

Thanks
JamesDean

Re: AGS First Day

Post by JamesDean »

No idea, BM, but I've been wondering the same about KES. No problem getting it all there, just concerned whether it'll all make it home again given his track record so far! :lol:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:No idea, BM, but I've been wondering the same about KES. No problem getting it all there, just concerned whether it'll all make it home again given his track record so far! :lol:

JD
Exactly the same issue here! :roll:
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

HI Brum Mum. Haven't been on for a while! I wouldn't have thought they would need anything like a pe kit because the rest of the school aren't in on the Tuesday so I'm presuming (always a dangerous thing I know!) that it's going to be more of an orientation day with having the school to themselves.

We certainly haven't been told to bring anything specific in but I was only thinking yesterday I must dig out the booklet we were sent a while ago on all of the procedures etc as I haven't read it yet...
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Meanwhile, over the other side of the country, DS2's school has stipulated that sports kit should be brought in on the first day, but without any inkling of his actual timetable we have no idea whether it is 'indoor' or 'outdoor' kit which may be required. So everything will be getting on the bus with him - and hopefully back off again with him at the other end. I am also hoping that sometime in the next three weeks a Parentpay access code and a request for a locker key deposit will arrive, so that at least anything which hasn't been needed can be left at school. Must dig out the bumf that we have been given already, as well, just in case there is something about that that we have missed...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

For the DS of JD and others going to KES, I had the same ponderings this time last year so I emailed Student Services.

Last year they just said bring in their PE kit (not games kit, just the polo shirt, shorts, trainers and white socks) and their pencil case in a rucksack. May be a good idea to ask Student Services nearer the time just in case it's different this year (hopefully AGS has someone similar).

Good luck to all!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Thanks for the tip, Bloomers, I might just do that. Probably next week now as they'll have better things to do on Thursday :D

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Brilliant - thanks everyone!