Answers on a postcard please ...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JamesDean

Answers on a postcard please ...

Post by JamesDean »

... to the question 'how do you name white PE socks?' :?
I have name tape and a laundry marker at my disposal ...

JD
TigerMum

Re: Answers on a postcard please ...

Post by TigerMum »

Write their name on the inside, on the top of the cuff/hem bit of the sock. Or on the sole perhaps?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Sharpie pen on the sole of the sock works for us.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

I absolutely refuse to use all my decent name tags on s***ing grey socks!!!! Maybe I'll follow advice on the white, but 10 pairs of grey? I think we can stand the cost of new if he loses one :roll: :roll: , I mean, would you seriously fiddle with a smelly adolescent boys discarded sock to see if there was a name on it????

Am in labelling ****.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I mean, would you seriously fiddle with a smelly adolescent boys discarded sock to see if there was a name on it????
Sometimes we have to when someone's kit looks like it's been abandoned for a while (Yuk emoticon).
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

KS10 wrote:
I mean, would you seriously fiddle with a smelly adolescent boys discarded sock to see if there was a name on it????
Sometimes we have to when someone's kit looks like it's been abandoned for a while (Yuk emoticon).
Bet you avoid the socks though........oh no Mrs Jones, little Tommy's socks weren't in there!
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Change DS's name to Nike or Adidas?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Back in my enthusiastic year 7 days, I ironed label s into the inside cuff of his pristine white sports socks. Within a month he had deliberately peeled them off....the rare touch of Molly coddling was too much for my boy to handle and he feared the pi** take was imminent!

Can honestly say I haven't labelled anything recently, it gets done as and when I iron, remember, or the boys just grab a sharpue and do it themselves. I have lost too many labelled clothes to kid myself it makes a jot of difference!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

You're right, Yamin, not the socks. The shorts can be pretty gross though. Sometimes you do have to check more than one item just in case there is a name somewhere. The other not-so-pleasant job I try to avoid is clearing out cupboards. I loathe sorting out other people's mess. Mine is bad enough!

SB3, Ikr (so with it!), doesn't it annoy you when you've labelled their PE kit and it's not found?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I did ask son number one, how come his pe shirt still fits big after two years, he just grinned and said, who knows, we all just grab whatever is on the bench, guess I sized up!

I had a ten second....maybe 12....pang of guilt!

(Just had to look up ikr....So not with it :lol: )