So how are they all getting on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest201

Re: So how are they all getting on?

Post by guest201 »

Bloomers151 wrote:
ChilledDad wrote:Mind you, we sometimes get an email that another DS has lost his bag "with a pirate ship on it". Who on earth would send their 12 year old DS in with a bag fit for a 5 year old???? I recommend not doing that either as all the boys think it weird and does not endear the DS to others.
Because it was available in the cupboard when he needed a bag. I didn't have to buy yet another piece of PE equipment. It stands out. No-one in their right mind would hang on to it. He doesn't have to lug the huge Games kit bag around anymore. It has come back each time he has lost it (so far). It does the job. He is quite happy with it. Any more comments?
Love it Bloomers :wink:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Bloomers151 wrote:
ChilledDad wrote:Mind you, we sometimes get an email that another DS has lost his bag "with a pirate ship on it". Who on earth would send their 12 year old DS in with a bag fit for a 5 year old???? I recommend not doing that either as all the boys think it weird and does not endear the DS to others.
Because it was available in the cupboard when he needed a bag. I didn't have to buy yet another piece of PE equipment. It stands out. No-one in their right mind would hang on to it. He doesn't have to lug the huge Games kit bag around anymore. It has come back each time he has lost it (so far). It does the job. He is quite happy with it. Any more comments?

Hmmm.... I think what ChilledDad meant to say was "....my boy and I think it is weird and does not endear the DS to me..." Probably best not to pontificate about other people's opinion, ChilledDad, when it is in fact yours... :?
Salapanda

Post by Salapanda »

Bloomers151 wrote:
Mys ds uses a bright pink sandwich box box because I had it in the cupboard. I did offer to buy him another one but he insisted it was fine. Other than a girl commenting that she had the blue version lol, he's had the one petty remark about it from a child whom he sent away with a flea in his ear :lol:

Very proud of him sometimes. Well, a lot of the time actually!
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Salapanda wrote: Mys ds uses a bright pink sandwich box box because I had it in the cupboard. I did offer to buy him another one but he insisted it was fine. Other than a girl commenting that she had the blue version lol, he's had the one petty remark about it from a child whom he sent away with a flea in his ear :lol:

Very proud of him sometimes. Well, a lot of the time actually!
Good for you Salapanda! We need individuals in this world. I'm very proud of my DS too - he always sticks to his principles even if others don't always approve. :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Brum Mum wrote:There does seem to have been a never ending list of demands (requests?) for payment from AGS ....
As a member of the Alumni, today I've had an email requesting a donation towards the cost of the new Archives Room ... I immediately thought of you lot :lol:

JD
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

JamesDean wrote:
Brum Mum wrote:There does seem to have been a never ending list of demands (requests?) for payment from AGS ....
As a member of the Alumni, today I've had an email requesting a donation towards the cost of the new Archives Room ... I immediately thought of you lot :lol:

JD
I sincerely hope that you have dug deep :wink:
serendippyty

Post by serendippyty »

Secondary school is pricey whichever school they attend. I have children at three different secondaries and they all ask for money constantly, logging into parentpay makes me feel quite sick!

I don't bother with optionals though, no french magazines etc. We don't do music, it is out of our reach in terms of affordability and I would rather spend the money on trips that would be of more benefit. I do pay the DT contributions etc but have never ever paid any of the suggested *** amount of pounds to the school fund, we do not have money to spare like that.

Regarding the comments further up about the new head at AGS, I have heard nothing but positives from staff and pupils so completely contrary to your experience. AGS is still my favourite of all the schools I have to say, it seems to get a good balance.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Brum Mum wrote:
JamesDean wrote:

JD
I sincerely hope that you have dug deep :wink:
Uh huh...James Dean has decided actions speak louder than words - she's pouring concrete as we speak....
Mem

Post by Mem »

Sitting anxiously waiting for this years results, I just wanted to thank all the DP's of the current yr7 cohort, those of previous years, and mods too. I followed your journey through when we were early on in the process and learnt so much from you all.
I guess I would be classed as a lurker but by the time it was our turn I didn't have any questions to ask, and the answers to those asked by others were generally already within these virtual walls. I suspect this is why the forum has seemed much quieter for this years in take.
Anyway, just wanted to offer my thanks and wish you all and you dc's all the very best for the future.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

serendippyty wrote:Secondary school is pricey whichever school they attend. I have children at three different secondaries and they all ask for money constantly, logging into parentpay makes me feel quite sick!

I don't bother with optionals though, no french magazines etc. We don't do music, it is out of our reach in terms of affordability and I would rather spend the money on trips that would be of more benefit. I do pay the DT contributions etc but have never ever paid any of the suggested *** amount of pounds to the school fund, we do not have money to spare like that.
Well this has to be the ultimate blooming tease, two e mails from one school, the first has an attachment inviting parents to a curry night, £30 a couple...yum! The second is a letter asking for £26 for a history trip....booooo, that blows the cash for the curry night you think! However, when you open the attachment for details of the history trip, the secretary, by slip of the finger, attached the curry night info by mistake.....salt/wound/rub it in. :lol: :twisted:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now