So how are they all getting on?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sherlock1

So how are they all getting on?

Post by sherlock1 »

..just wondered how the first days are going for everyone?

My DD (Alcester form 7D) is absolutely loving it - comes home full of it, all the new things she's done, friends she's made. i think she's loving the independence and trying new lessons. Obviously it will wear off, and she's tired, but already I can't picture her at primary school! Blossoming is the word that springs to mind.

Just wondering how the other graduates of the 2013 exam are faring....hoping it's an exciting time for all!
Yamin151

Re: So how are they all getting on?

Post by Yamin151 »

Gotta be honest, really really tired and overwhelmed. We are at the 'what have we done' stage. I know (or can someone reassure me!) that this is temporary, and that it will get better. I'm being relentlessly understanding but cheerful. He's ok, but just not at all buzzing, just really really tired. The unfamiliar is always more tiring of course and they give them so much stuff! And he's so small, and worried about using the locker but bag too heavy to carry around and can't remember what was said about music lessons and so on. Sigh. I knew this would be a tough time. Teeth and ****! Another one starting tomorrow!

(Salpanda, please no word to DS if you see this, thank you :) )
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It will be tiring for them - in Year 6 they stayed (probably) in the same classroom with the same teacher all day.

Now they move every hour or so to a new classroom with a new teacher. Inevitable we teachers all have different expectations and routines so there is a lot to absorb and get used to.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Guest55 wrote:It will be tiring for them - in Year 6 they stayed (probably) in the same classroom with the same teacher all day.

Now they move every hour or so to a new classroom with a new teacher. Inevitable we teachers all have different expectations and routines so there is a lot to absorb and get used to.
Thats very true. Thank you. He is a lot better now for tea and 'high school rules' - i.e screens at 6 allowed if all work and prep done, which is a real treat after a half hour per day for the last 5 years LOL! Hopefully he will get used to the longer days etc soon.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Buzzing here - has made 3 new friends, can count to ten in Latin and had a chilli-con-carne meal deal for lunch!
Doesn't get much better than that :D

JD
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

JamesDean wrote:Buzzing here - has made 3 new friends, can count to ten in Latin and had a chilli-con-carne meal deal for lunch!
Doesn't get much better than that :D

JD
Love this! I wonder if they are in the same class? We had latin numbers here too! "LEarnt more latin in one lesson than French in a whole year at primary school mum!"
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

My DS (Alcester 7N) is loving it, really got stuck into the homework enthusiastically tonight and the bus trip makes it more exciting. He just seems to belong there.

Went into Parentpay (pleased to find we could just log into our existing account for DD at another school and merge in DS's Alcester account so its all in one now) to find AGS already have a 'shopping list' in there of thing we will have to buy apart from food.

I was warned that AQS actually means All (your) Quids (to) School. Looks to be true :)
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

DS had second day yesterday.

First day came home saying how 'awesome' it was - made loads of new friends etc; second day, some of the shine had come off.

Some homework done last night and we're starting to get into a routine.

Its all a bit overwhelming - but I'm sure it will all settle down.
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

So who (at AGS) is going to be signing up for the £1000 ski 'holiday' for their child in 2016? :shock: :shock: :shock: (easy payment terms available)
Brum Mum

Post by Brum Mum »

Sillygoose wrote:So who (at AGS) is going to be signing up for the £1000 ski 'holiday' for their child in 2016? :shock: :shock: :shock: (easy payment terms available)
Have to say it was a bit of a shock DS coming home with that on day 2! Especially as they'd like the first payment of £150 in just over three weeks time! :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now