King Edwards Stratford Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
letsbepositive

King Edwards Stratford Girls

Post by letsbepositive »

I know this is not really an 11+ question but has anyone any feedback about how the new girls entry at KES is going? Considering KES for my son and wondering whether to move daughter at 6th form.
midlandsmum

Re: King Edwards Stratford Girls

Post by midlandsmum »

Our experience is very positive, my daughter is now Upper Sixth and is really enjoying it. The school made massive efforts to have everything in place from day 1, eg a netball team with fixtures. My daughter moved from Shottery and KES certainly suits her better at this point
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Agree entirely with midlandsmum. DD did the same move and is thriving - though we don't have experience with netball!

Happy to discuss further by PM if you'd like more info.
letsbepositive

Post by letsbepositive »

Can I ask how difficult it is to get into the school in 6th form? How are the girls selected and what are the school looking for in grades?
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

The selection process has changed this year because the school was getting so many applicants for the sixth form and it was finding it difficult to make accurate offers based on predicted GCSE grades. There's now a set of apptitude tests, which were held on 7 Feb this year for September's intake.

You'll find the details of the entry procedure here. The criteria for entry are on page 5.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now