Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hunday

Re: Allocation results and scores 2015

Post by Hunday »

Email from Solihull DD got Shottery score 240
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

So presumably boys with 227 and below will be on the waiting list for KES. There were 9 boys with a 227 score, will they determine the position on the waiting list by the proximity to KES, anyone know how it is decided please?
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Yes, proximity as far as I know
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

To differentiate in the case of children with the same score, those who live
nearest the school in straight line distance.
http://www.kes.net/wp-content/uploads/2 ... y-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

It may be worth pooling what we know (OK, I'm keen to know!) about the scores below qualifying for KES - my DS is on 224 with 8 on that score. His mate is on 225 with (I think) eight or nine on that score (Paul?). If anyone knows the position of 228 or 227 that would help me calculate how many are between us and the qualifying score & if there's any possibility of our being on the KES waiting list...
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

One question though - if an offer was given on 228 does that mean that everyone on 228 has got in? Could it be that although someone didn't get an offer on 227 that someone living closer might have got one? Equally, might people on 228 living far away not have got offers?
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Until we get the AQS tomorrow we won't know. Last years AQS for KES was 227, but 226 was offered on 1st March . This means that those with 226 who lived closest were offered, but not all of them ...

Tomorrow's 11+ letter will make all this clear, and give the waiting list scores - 220+ for KES last year.

JD
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

gillw wrote:
WMMum wrote:Congratulations with your DD, gillw. Good news. Also congratulations to all the parents who have received an offer already and good luck to those still waiting.
Thank you...we will see your there!
And we'll see you at the discos! Congrats to both your DDs :D

JD
dobspoon

Post by dobspoon »

JamesDean wrote:Until we get the AQS tomorrow we won't know. Last years AQS for KES was 227, but 226 was offered on 1st March . This means that those with 226 who lived closest were offered, but not all of them ...

Tomorrow's 11+ letter will make all this clear, and give the waiting list scores - 220+ for KES last year.

JD
Ah, thank you JamesDean - I had always wondered what that lowest offer score meant!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Don't forget that after initial offers, there will be a second round of offers of those outside the Priority areas and out of county etc so position on the waiting list can change.

Yamin, I'm with you - as the lowest offer seen so far for AGS seems to be 212 (which is low compared with last year at this time) I would expect the AQS to be around 207 - however I suspect the AQS for KES to be around 227...big difference.

Dobspoon - we won't know really until we get the AQS and the waiting list score which I imagine will be around 221+ this year? This is first round for those that are in the priority area etc - next offer round is for those out of priority area and late applicants so there could be other boys who jump into a space as they have scored higher (but will not appear on these rankings as they are out of area). Some of the boys who are on 228 and in first round of offers, may not have had one yet as they may live further away (but still in priority area) - they would be "top" of the waiting list (however, as soon as waiting list opens, out of area candidates are fed in too so places can shuffle up and down). I would think with a score of 224 you would be on the waiting list - whether you would realistically get a place will depend on how many boys are on each score (you have already identified that there are about 16 boys just on 224 and 225) and how close they are - and also how many places are rejected initially.

Crossed with JD!