2015 Shottery Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kongo1959

Re: 2015 Shottery Girls

Post by kongo1959 »

MasterR wrote:Thanks Jamesdean - its good to know that there's choice of buses then! I called the bus operator and the lady mentioned 7.31am bus from warwick bus station which comes to shakespeare ave at around 7.35 (which is closest stop to us); but also 7.58am from
Stratford road, outside hilton hotel which doesnt go to sggs but goes to stratford college and so theres a 10 min walk to sggs from there (apparently across fields so will need to check routes out).

I like the idea of following by car too for a day or 2! :)
The walk across the Shottery fields is fine as all the girls from the train go that way ( railway station opposite the college ), 10 mins max.
kongo1959

Post by kongo1959 »

gillw wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to buy any of the school uniform at the Parents welcome evening on 22nd June?
From memory just the used stuff sold by FOS ( Friends of Shottery ), the uniform supplier is Rascals of Warwick.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

gillw wrote:We are in two minds as to whether to go to the open evening. We can't remember parts of the school as we looked at others at the same time & they have all blurred into one memory, so it would be really good to look around again.

On the other hand, we feel a bit quilty as its for next year's intake.

No need to feel guilty, this is your DD future school and it would be nice for her to have another look.

We will be going to have a look as my DD is currently in year 5.
gillw

Post by gillw »

nervousmom wrote:
gillw wrote:We are in two minds as to whether to go to the open evening. We can't remember parts of the school as we looked at others at the same time & they have all blurred into one memory, so it would be really good to look around again.

On the other hand, we feel a bit quilty as its for next year's intake.

No need to feel guilty, this is your DD future school and it would be nice for her to have another look.

We will be going to have a look as my DD is currently in year 5.
That's a good point, I am tempted to go again to have another look around. Also, would love to see the new hall.

@kong1959 - thank you for the info. For some reason I thought they sold elements of the PE kit as this wasnt sold in the uniform shops. Not sure where I got that from.
kongo1959

Post by kongo1959 »

Gillw Yes, you are correct. The sports supplier does a measure up as well on the evening, there is also the chance to buy hockey sticks etc. My dd now in year 8, not overly sporty, hence the memory loss on my behalf :lol:
gillw

Post by gillw »

kongo1959 wrote:Gillw Yes, you are correct. The sports supplier does a measure up as well on the evening, there is also the chance to buy hockey sticks etc. My dd now in year 8, not overly sporty, hence the memory loss on my behalf :lol:

No worries :D

Is the hockey stick worth a purchase or do the school provide them as well?
Hunday

Post by Hunday »

Good question gillw.
Kongo1959 also wondered after having looked at uniform are they really that strict about outer coat being black. Hats , gloves, scarves etc are listed also.
kongo1959

Post by kongo1959 »

gillw wrote:
kongo1959 wrote:Gillw Yes, you are correct. The sports supplier does a measure up as well on the evening, there is also the chance to buy hockey sticks etc. My dd now in year 8, not overly sporty, hence the memory loss on my behalf :lol:

No worries :D

Is the hockey stick worth a purchase or do the school provide them as well?
The school provide them for games I think, only purchase if you have a real enthusiast on your hands. We bought her the football boots as well but these are gathering dust in the garage as she appears to only use her trainers, possibly due to them using the facilities at the college next door which I think has an all weather pitch.
kongo1959

Post by kongo1959 »

Hunday wrote:Good question gillw.
Kongo1959 also wondered after having looked at uniform are they really that strict about outer coat being black. Hats , gloves, scarves etc are listed also.
I think any "dark" colour would suffice but don't quote me, my dd has a back/grey scarf she uses and a grey snood and doesn't appear to have any problems with such. From memory the school scarves are £25 and I don't think I've ever seen a girl with one on.
Redtulip12

Post by Redtulip12 »

My daughter is year 7 and only wore a coat when it was v cold and no it wasn't black. She does now have the pe waterproof coat and will wear that on v wet/ windy days if needs be but to be honest you find coats do not seem to be the done thing most of the time!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now