kenyancowgirl

Re: WCC in the news

Post by kenyancowgirl »

hermanmunster wrote:Ah you mean the "three must get heres"

I must get here
You must get here
and
He must get here

I can't believe I haven't heard that one before!! Made me lol!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

The old ones are the best!

Whatever did happen to gideon anyway? Did he/she set up his/her own 11+ website on which to vent his/her spleen? I found some shockingly inflammatory stuff on a site this morning that I didn't even know existed. Maybe it's the one you are talking about. (I'm just picking up fag-ends here.)
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

If that's the same website I saw I thought it was quite likely going to cost the proprietor an eye-watering sum when WCC chose to go for it.
guest201

Post by guest201 »

I thought Gideon was too busy with his/her other web site slating a certain boys grammar school in Rugby. Some people just have too much spare time.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

:D
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

I have just had a look at that website referred to in post 3 or 4 in this thread.

I really hope no parent uses the Warwickshire section in that website as a source of information to plan an 11+ journey - Most of the "facts" are woefully inaccurate....Example - The eastern circle is centred on the clock tower?....I think you will find that is the water tower.

I hope any parent comes to this site first to get a balanced view of the 11+ process.

I have no axe to grind with this Gideon lady you refer to above, but I really hope she re-trains the content admin from that site as they are clearly out of their depth.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

Fatnorville wrote:I have just had a look at that website referred to in post 3 or 4 in this thread.

I really hope no parent uses the Warwickshire section in that website as a source of information to plan an 11+ journey - Most of the "facts" are woefully inaccurate....Example - The eastern circle is centred on the clock tower?....I think you will find that is the water tower.

I hope any parent comes to this site first to get a balanced view of the 11+ process.

I have no axe to grind with this Gideon lady you refer to above, but I really hope she re-trains the content admin from that site as they are clearly out of their depth.
The error highlighted above has now been fixed! Ms Gideon clearly visits this site! However other errors haven't been fixed, so I would still urge everyone to be cautious when viewing the content, particularly content which is being offered as "fact".
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Fatnorville wrote:I would still urge everyone to be cautious when viewing the content, particularly content which is being offered as "fact".
Allow facts to get in the way of a good conspiracy theory? That would take all the fun out of some people's lives. Well, one person's anyway.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now