KES Shakespeare parade timing

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yamin151

KES Shakespeare parade timing

Post by Yamin151 »

Hi KES parents, can anyone who's been there already tell me the timings for the Shakespeare birthday parade? At about what time do we need to be there, or at least drop the boys off? I have an appointment and wondering if I need to change it, but other than a short paragraph in end of term letter, I can't find any letter referring to timings.

Thanks!
Warks mum

Re: KES Shakespeare parade timing

Post by Warks mum »

I'm afraid I can't remember the exact timings from last year, but I seem to recall the youngsters needed to be there quite early.

According to this, the parade starts at 10.30am and I'm pretty sure they have to arrive a fair time before this:

http://www.shakespearescelebrations.com ... on-parade/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Ok, sufficient info to change the appointment, thank you!
Curious Cat

Post by Curious Cat »

Last year the boys had to arrive at 9.30am. They might need to walk a few hundred metres to school as the roads in the town centre get blocked off. After the parade (11.45ish) they can either leave from the church or they can get a donut and drink from the Dining Hall at school. Hope this helps.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Thanks,he'svery happy about the donut!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Tours of Big School will be being offered all afternoon after the Parade finishes (and the Sunday, too, I believe) so be aware that your sons may be asked to sign up to "host" those too...
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

They can ask if they'd like but I won't be pushing him, think giving up a morning is a tradition worth upholding (though he is an end of august baby but still not the youngest by one, so doesn't get to carry the flag which I m very cross about!!!!) - but I feel happy keeping the afternoon for the family I think. All about balance isn't it?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It is about balance - for us, with two boys who want to go on the sports tours, and as it is a requirement of those that they contribute to fundraising activities and as they are in town anyway, it kills two birds with one stone!

I would thank your lucky stars he isn't carrying the flag - the best bit for the boys is parading with their mates, which, unfortunately, the youngest doesn't get to do, so I think he has had a lucky escape!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now