Countdown!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sparkles18

Re: Countdown!

Post by sparkles18 »

Thanks, that's something I don't need to worry about now!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Bloomers151 wrote:I'll be lucky to remember my DS let alone his pencil the way this week has gone :lol: - feeling like a rabbit in the headlights today! :shock:

Nearly there everybody, we'll be able to put all that paperwork/books/bottles of whiskey away soon.
I wouldn't put those bottles of whisky away yet- you might be needing them near the 16th of next month :shock:
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Argh! No, no, no! Don't say that Bob! I'm trying not to think of that date until I see DS's face at 12.15 on Saturday!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I thought we only had to wait 4 weeks for results, but when I worked it out today, its 5 weeks... I was gutted... An extra week of worry.

All revising now done, we're finished... Roll on Saturday :?
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Bloomers151 wrote:Argh! No, no, no! Don't say that Bob! I'm trying not to think of that date until I see DS's face at 12.15 on Saturday!
B151 - I'm sure it won't be as bad as my dd's face was 3 years when she came out after the test - it was white as a sheet :shock:
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

My DS sat Bham and Warks. It sounded like he missed a few questions on the Bham and he said Warks was easier!

The Warks was scored differently then 300+, but if you work it out mathematically he scored 3 more points on Warks. (I know that's not really correct, but lets just go with it for the purpose of this post!)

Interestingly he hadn't gone back to school when he sat Bham but had been back a week when he sat Warks. So maybe the week at school with his friends helped to relax him.

DD seems very relaxed and happy, so being back at school with her friends is a good thing for her to help her keep calm.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

First time I have looked at the forum posts since my DS was doing the eleven plus 2 years ago. At that time, we didn't really know much about the grammar schools and it was a friend that suggested we enter DS for the exam, so after the exam, we weren't stressing waiting for a result - local high school was fine. As it was we were in a fortunate position not to have to wait until March as he came in top 10 ranking for boys.

Certainly not that way this time for DS2 who is due to take it on Saturday desperately hoping to get to KES where is brother is. One last gentle revision session tomorrow then we are off to Southam for test on Sat (we are Warwick based). Been around Alcester Grammar too and happy with that if needs be and as someone else mentioned in their post, local high school is fine too and DS2 is happy to go there because his friends will be there.

So trying to destress - wine is chilling ready for Saturday night wind down. DS2 is quite relaxed but I can't wait to not have to do anything eleven plus after Saturday!

Good luck everybody! :D
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Bect1969 wrote: Certainly not that way this time for DS2 who is due to take it on Saturday desperately hoping to get to KES where is brother is.

Mine too Bect1969. There seem to be quite a few siblings at KES so fingers crossed ours make it too.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

B151 - I'm sure it won't be as bad as my dd's face was 3 years when she came out after the test - it was white as a sheet :shock:
I'm not surprised Bob, I think any of us would be. They all work so hard for this - it will be great to give them their freedom back.
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Bloomers151 wrote:
I'm not surprised Bob, I think any of us would be. They all work so hard for this - it will be great to give them their freedom back.
It's always that first look after the test - a face,they say, can tell a thousand stories.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now