Warks results - 2016 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousmom

Re: Warks results - 2016 Entry

Post by nervousmom »

Decided against chips, would regret it after!

Another long day to get through.
BoringUserName

Post by BoringUserName »

First time poster... waiting for Warwickshire results. Haven't mentioned it to my child but I expect someone at school will! Keep telling myself it doesn't matter really... Don't know if anyone else has Radio 2 on but it is all about 'failing' the eleven plus. Thanks Jeremy :roll:
Lovingmumoftwogirls

Post by Lovingmumoftwogirls »

Just called Warks cc again.......Said posted out today and so will be with us tomorrow or saturday........ Original timings....nothing early...nothing later......

We have caused ourselves unneccessary stress by expecting it earlier!!!!!

I am sure we have had fun drinking wine ,eating chocolates and enjoying all the posts......

PP, NM, Bon1892, Midland mum ....you all rock!!!!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Gav123 wrote:I was coping ok with the wait until a few days ago and now suddenly it's all I can think about. I may have to crack open the vino and the Galaxy bar tonight just to get through it! :shock:
I've been cracking the vino (& jamesons) since Monday - I think I'm an alcoholic now.
It's been one of the longest and most stressful weeks ever!
Bottoms up :D
BoringUserName

Post by BoringUserName »

Silly question alert here but is everyone planning on reading the results letter before their child, with their child, or letting their child read it first?

I expect there is a lot of blurb to decipher and for that reason think it makes sense for me to read it first... then again it is my child who has done the test and it is their school future not mine...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I absolutely would recommend you opening the letter - the two times I have done it, there is an awful lot of information to assimilate - the crucial bit was actually at the bottom of the first page - and, if either of my son's had opened it, the first bit of information was easy to mis-read!

Open it, read it as many times as you need to, to make sense of it, and then plan how you discuss the content with your child. Positive or negative, you need to know how to spin it all in a very positive light.
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

Bob1892 wrote:
Gav123 wrote:I was coping ok with the wait until a few days ago and now suddenly it's all I can think about. I may have to crack open the vino and the Galaxy bar tonight just to get through it! :shock:
I've been cracking the vino (& jamesons) since Monday - I think I'm an alcoholic now.
It's been one of the longest and most stressful weeks ever!
Bottoms up :D
My alcohol and general calorie consumption has definitely gone up!
BoringUserName wrote:Silly question alert here but is everyone planning on reading the results letter before their child, with their child, or letting their child read it first?

I expect there is a lot of blurb to decipher and for that reason think it makes sense for me to read it first... then again it is my child who has done the test and it is their school future not mine...
I've had this dilemma with my ds who is desperate to open the letter. I am in 2 minds as he really won't be able to make much of his score and rankings without additional information from us. I think I will open it with him sitting next to me and read through it before giving him an indication as to how he has done. Best poker face at the ready!

Having said that, if they come tomorrow, I will be home alone for an hour before school pick up. Boiling kettle at the ready perhaps??!

crossed with kenyancowgirl
BoringUserName

Post by BoringUserName »

Thank you. Can you tell it is my/our family's first time at this?! :D

Luckily I think my child would be equally happy at 2 different schools; one is a grammar and one is not. So I don't think there will be any tears whatever the results. (But still, it is nice to do well though isn't it!)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

DD not given choice - we are reading letter first :lol:
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

Totally agree that it won't be possible to delay opening the letter (when, in fact, it actually arrives)...these last few days have been torture and to think we do this voluntarily! Will cross my fingers again tonight and hope for good news when the post arrives (usually way after lunch where we live!).

Good luck to all tomorrow :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now