Proof of address

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Proof of address

Post by ToadMum »

hermanmunster wrote:It sounds like they haven't though this through - no doubt will be different next year!

GPs are getting lots of GANFYD requests and won't be happy to have this one too, no doubt the LEA didn't mention it in advance :?

Having said that, we don't get too bothered at our practice- would probably do a name and address print out, stamp it and the practice manager would sign it, probably for a donation (chocolate accepted)
Presumably all you are 'certifying' is,'yes, that's the address they've told us that they live at, too', unless the household qualifies for regular home visits?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

guest201 wrote:
sparkles18 wrote:I haven't received a proof of address letter from Warks admissions, should I have received one?
You will only receive one if you have put one of the grammar schools as one of your school choices
I still haven't received anything from Admissions and I have put down KES & AGS on CAF form. Looks like I need to phone them tomorrow.
KenR

Post by KenR »

As a matter of interest does anyone know what Warks do in respect of parents buying a new property within the priority circle with plans to move in before the start of term (ie Sept) but then finding that exchange of contracts and completion has been delayed? viz. staying in temp accommodation with no fixed abode

Would they be very hard and refuse a child a place?

One would hope they would accept written copy of payment of deposit with the Builders as sufficient evidence but I just wonder these days!

Of course sometimes new properties don't get an official Royal Mail Post Code until a few weeks after initial occupancy!
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

guest201 wrote:Do you think we will get a reminder if the letters do not arrive or if the evidence sent is not adequate? Or will we find out on allocations day when our DCs don't get offered a grammar school? :shock:
I called admissions this morning, just to make sure. The lady I spoke to checked and told me my documents had been received, looked fine and not to worry. I would call them if you're not sure...but then again, I've been a bit neurotic over the this whole 11 plus thing :lol:
gingerly67

Post by gingerly67 »

ToadMum wrote:I still haven't received anything from Admissions and I have put down KES & AGS on CAF form. Looks like I need to phone them tomorrow.
Are you out of county? You should definitely phone. I think there have been issues in the past with applications not being fed through to Warwickshire from other LEAs.
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

gingerly67 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:I still haven't received anything from Admissions and I have put down KES & AGS on CAF form. Looks like I need to phone them tomorrow.
Are you out of county? You should definitely phone. I think there have been issues in the past with applications not being fed through to Warwickshire from other LEAs.
Just phoned Warks and they hadn't sent us a letter due to DS being out of year which meant it didn't automatically generate letter a letter for us!
They are emailing me the letter today and I've got to sort it by Friday as we go away on Saturday until Jan- no stress! Thanks for the posting this as I would have been in the dark about it all.
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Felt the demand for proof of address was too much, especially as we have no intention of going to the nearest gs: LSS or Ashlawn - we are out of catchment. We had put them in as 3rd and 4th choices to pad out our 6 choices on the form.

I enquired from the Council admissions, they have the Council Tax details, so why do we have to go through the trouble of contacting the council tax department, only for me to supply that to admissions.

Group 2 docs were difficult. I contacted a Walsall number that supplied a Medical Reg letter. I emailed them, and was notified by the 11 plus coordinator yesterday these docs were fine.

What a pollava.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Optimist wrote:Felt the demand for proof of address was too much, especially as we have no intention of going to the nearest gs: LSS or Ashlawn - we are out of catchment. We had put them in as 3rd and 4th choices to pad out our 6 choices on the form.

I enquired from the Council admissions, they have the Council Tax details, so why do we have to go through the trouble of contacting the council tax department, only for me to supply that to admissions.

Group 2 docs were difficult. I contacted a Walsall number that supplied a Medical Reg letter. I emailed them, and was notified by the 11 plus coordinator yesterday these docs were fine.

What a pollava.
The admissions team has no way of knowing that a request for a place at a school is not genuine - in the sense of you not actually wanting a place there anyway - nor do the schools to whom admissions will be passing those 'requests' on. Neither of the schools will know that you only ranked it third / fourth and only ranked it at all to 'pad out' your child's CAF. If their rule is that the home address of applicants to certain (or all) schools must be verified, then that is what the admissions department will do, however much of a palaver it is for all concerned. The sad thing, surely, is that presumably experience has taught then that it is necessary?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

+1....if you have no intention of going there, Optimist, then don't bother complying with their request for proof of address :shock: :shock: - no palaver for you at all but for those people who genuinely are applying and want a place, AND live in a "home address" the system ensures that they get a place over someone who is fraudulently applying from somewhere else.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kenyancowgirl wrote:+1....if you have no intention of going there, Optimist, then don't bother complying with their request for proof of address :shock: :shock: - no palaver for you at all but for those people who genuinely are applying and want a place, AND live in a "home address" the system ensures that they get a place over someone who is fraudulently applying from somewhere else.
I hope that they have a cut-off date, though, after which they will just put 'unproven address' to the bottom of the pile, and not waste time chasing people up.

One could always withdraw the 'filler' applications, I suppose?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now