KES rankings for 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
pegtastic

KES rankings for 2015

Post by pegtastic »

Hi all, a while ago I posted a response I had from WCC regarding the rankings in relation to AQS for AGS for 2015. See link:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 37&t=45151" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did then ask them for the same info for KES and today I got a response from them.

I know we are only a week away now but I thought it might be of interest for some DP's

The lowest score offered King Edwards VI Grammar School for 2015 entry on national offer day was 228.

The ranking for all children residing in the South Priority Circle with this score was 205 out of 1127 (with 17 others on this same ranking).

The ranking for boys residing in the South Priority Circle with this score was 114 out of 556 (with 7 others on this same ranking).

From the 1st March when school offers are made, we give parents 14 days to respond to whether they accept or decline the offer made. We then start offering from the waiting lists from 16th March.

Unfortunately they haven't given the final rankings for those that got offers off the waiting list, as they did for AGS, but I still thought it might be of interest.

Good luck everybody for next week ***
rimjhimm100

Re: KES rankings for 2015

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Thanks Pegtastic, that is very helpful.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Thank you Pegtastic, that is really useful.

For info, my DS is ranked 115 (with 9 others) of Southern priority boys with a score of 230.

We want KES but have resigned ourselves to AGS as it's easier to think that way to help DS keep positive about secondary school. I don't know if my nerves will cope with the waiting list!
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

Hi Bloomers, I think you have a really good chance with that ranking - maybe not on offers day next week, but certainly a good chance off the waiting list. You are wise not to build up hopes though just in case, so many variables.

I have responded to the email from WCC and asked if its possible to get the rankings that correlate to the last person offered off the waiting list - they supplied this for AGS, so in theory they should have this information for KES too. It took them over a month to reply to the last email though and I've no doubt they are rather busy at the moment with offers day looming.

Still, if we could get that info it might provide a better picture for all those next week that don't get an offer for their 1st choice next week but are told that they are on the waiting list. As soon as I hear back I'll keep you posted!

My DS scored 224, ranking 168 (with 10 others)for boys in southern priority, so although we did put KES as first option we realise it is highly unlikely and are keeping everything crossed for AGS.

Anyway best of luck for next week, I have a feeling the next 6 days are going to really drag ;-)

Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

pegtastic wrote:Hi Bloomers, I think you have a really good chance with that ranking - maybe not on offers day next week, but certainly a good chance off the waiting list. You are wise not to build up hopes though just in case, so many variables.

I have responded to the email from WCC and asked if its possible to get the rankings that correlate to the last person offered off the waiting list - they supplied this for AGS, so in theory they should have this information for KES too. It took them over a month to reply to the last email though and I've no doubt they are rather busy at the moment with offers day looming.

Still, if we could get that info it might provide a better picture for all those next week that don't get an offer for their 1st choice next week but are told that they are on the waiting list. As soon as I hear back I'll keep you posted!

My DS scored 224, ranking 168 (with 10 others)for boys in southern priority, so although we did put KES as first option we realise it is highly unlikely and are keeping everything crossed for AGS.

Anyway best of luck for next week, I have a feeling the next 6 days are going to really drag ;-)

Thanks Pegtastic, you're a star. I've been a bit wobbly about it today as it's starting to hit home that it's so near. You've been very reassuring and the info you have found out will help to keep me, and those in that borderline/waiting list position, going after March 1st.

I'm sorry if I came over a unappreciative about AGS but DS1 is at KES and the logistics of Warwick to Alcester for DS2 are a bit of a nightmare and nearly put us off applying. It's a really great school so we decided to put it at No.2 and worry about it later. Now we're nearly 'later' :shock:

Best of luck to you and your DS, looks like you should be ok for AGS but we'll keep everything crossed for you next week. Hope everyone gets the outcome they wish for.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

That will be quite a tough journey won't it? Sure there must be a bus though?

But hope your DS2 gets a place - he 'ought' to on that score. As you say, no point getting his hopes up, but I'd be secretly optimistic. Fingers crossed anyway
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Yamin151 wrote:That will be quite a tough journey won't it? Sure there must be a bus though?

But hope your DS2 gets a place - he 'ought' to on that score. As you say, no point getting his hopes up, but I'd be secretly optimistic. Fingers crossed anyway
Thanks Yamin151, much appreciated.

Yes, there is a bus but it's over an hour journey once we've got him to the bus stop. And then there's the return journey... No, we'll probably up sticks and move nearer so only DH has a biggish journey. Fingers crossed :)
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

Bloomers151 wrote:
pegtastic wrote:Hi Bloomers, I think you have a really good chance with that ranking - maybe not on offers day next week, but certainly a good chance off the waiting list. You are wise not to build up hopes though just in case, so many variables.

Thanks Pegtastic, you're a star. I've been a bit wobbly about it today as it's starting to hit home that it's so near. You've been very reassuring and the info you have found out will help to keep me, and those in that borderline/waiting list position, going after March 1st.

I'm sorry if I came over a unappreciative about AGS but DS1 is at KES and the logistics of Warwick to Alcester for DS2 are a bit of a nightmare and nearly put us off applying. It's a really great school so we decided to put it at No.2 and worry about it later. Now we're nearly 'later' :shock:

Best of luck to you and your DS, looks like you should be ok for AGS but we'll keep everything crossed for you next week. Hope everyone gets the outcome they wish for.
No need to apologise - you didn't come across as unappreciative at all... I completely understand where you are coming from ***
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

Hi all,

Well I've had a response from WCC this morning about the rankings off the waiting list for KES for last year, here is what they have said:

The minimum score to get on the King Edwards waiting list for entry 2015 was 222, lowest score offered off the waiting list was 227.

The ranking for all children residing in the South Priority Circle with the score 227 was 222 out of 1127 (with 17 others on this same ranking)

The ranking for all boys residing in the South Priority Circle with the score 227 was 121 out of 556 (with 9 others on this ranking)

Hope that helps folks.... 5 days to go ****
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Pegtastic, thank you that is so helpful!
Good luck all.....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now