I have a quick question.
If your DC has a score that puts them on the waiting list for their higher preference school but on offer day you are offered a place at your next preference school, what do you do?
Do you Accept the place that you have been offered so you at least have a place 'in the bag' by the acceptance deadline? Because obviously you don't want to end up with a much lower preference school.
Do you have to confirm to the LA that you want to go on the waiting list for the higher preference school if your DC's score sits within the range of the waiting list scores? Or do you automatically get put on the waiting list?
It depends on the school/LA and should be clear from the email you receive. However, personally, rather than rely on process I would be ringing/emailing the LA to confirm waiting list status on the preferred school