2016 Entry Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bect1969

Re: 2016 Entry Results

Post by Bect1969 »

New Year 7 parents Eve for KES is TUESDAY JUNE 14th - it is on the calendar on the KES website.

Induction Day Tue 28th June.

There is probably going o be, as already mentioned, an appointment aent out to meet the head, an evning to choose musical instruments for year 7, and then a couple of dates end of Aug to do some pre-season training for rugby (good opportunity to meet other year 7 parents).
Last edited by Bect1969 on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Bect1969 wrote:New Year 7 parents Eve for KES is Wed June 8th - it is on the calendar on the KES website.

There is probably going o be, as already mentioned, an appointment aent out to meet the head, an evning to choose musical instruments for year 7, and then a couple of dates end of Aug to do some pre-season training for rugby (good opportunity to meet other year 7 parents).
Thanks Bect1969, DS is away with school on a residential though on 8th June but we will be there and for all other events.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Bect1969 wrote:New Year 7 parents Eve for KES is Wed June 8th - it is on the calendar on the KES website.

Just seen the new parents' Year 7 meeting is actually on June 14th which means DS can attend it too.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

rimjhimm100 wrote:

Just seen the new parents' Year 7 meeting is actually on June 14th which means DS can attend it too.
Is your 'new parents evening' actually for the DC as well? At both DD's and DS2's schools (admittedly not in your area), these meetings are strictly 'parents only', although increasingly, people are ignoring this instruction and bringing children with them. I have a little sympathy for the single mums with a new-born younger child and no neighbours able to babysit, but some of the parents who choose to bring children come as a couple :roll:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

rimjhimm100 wrote:

I have corrected my post - I had it written down twice for some reason. TUESDAY 14th JUNE 2016 is the correct date.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Is your 'new parents evening' actually for the DC as well? At both DD's and DS2's schools (admittedly not in your area), these meetings are strictly 'parents only', although increasingly, people are ignoring this instruction and bringing children with them. I have a little sympathy for the single mums with a new-born younger child and no neighbours able to babysit, but some of the parents who choose to bring children come as a couple :roll:[/quote]

Don't know.....I just assumed it would be with the boys if it is an information evening. I find it very difficult to arrange childcare too as we don't have any family around but DS is at the age where he can easily sit in the waiting area with a book, not an issue anymore.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

I have corrected my post - I had it written down twice for some reason. TUESDAY 14th JUNE 2016 is the correct date.[/quote]

Thanks Bect1969
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

rimjhimm100 wrote:I have corrected my post - I had it written down twice for some reason. TUESDAY 14th JUNE 2016 is the correct date.
Thanks Bect1969[/quote]

It was originally 8th June in the Open Day pack back in June 2015 (which I was just having a re-read of) which I must have noted and then it must have been changed to 14th.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

ToadMum wrote:
rimjhimm100 wrote:

Is your 'new parents evening' actually for the DC as well? At both DD's and DS2's schools (admittedly not in your area), these meetings are strictly 'parents only', although increasingly, people are ignoring this instruction and bringing children with them. I have a little sympathy for the single mums with a new-born younger child and no neighbours able to babysit, but some of the parents who choose to bring children come as a couple :roll:

Just found letter from Head from 2 years ago and invite to New Parents Eve was for Parents and DS.
BlueKnows

Post by BlueKnows »

Bect1969 wrote:
Rockjames wrote:
nodog2016 wrote:Wow, DS offered KES with 231 - thought he would miss out based on earlier posts.

Found out by e-mail at 9:15.
Congrats - that must be a huge relief. Where do you live? Must be closer to KES than the others who didn't get in on 231.

I can only think that 231 was good because you live closer to school than others. Well done son of nodog2016!
I know this is an old thread but possibly relevant to us next year!!
If the AQS was set at 232 does this example mean that offers can also be made marginally lower at WCC discretion on offers day?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now