Go to navigation
It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 am
Posts: 12
Hi - new to all of this but have spent time reading lots of posts - just wondering if anyone is based in the Oxfordshire LEA and have heard about Shottery yet? Oxfordshire have messed up notification - meant to have an email yesterday but waited until midnight and nothing arrived. Rang this morning and they have technical difficulties! The wait is agony!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:45 pm
Posts: 63
Hi Sky

We are Oxon and don't have the email yet either. However, I logged on to online admissions and viewed our offer (for KES) that way. Have you registered?

https://admissions.oxfordshire.gov.uk/C ... onsOnline/

Good luck and hope you have news soon!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 am
Posts: 12
Many thanks - I'll give it a go!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:19 pm
Posts: 4
We're in Oxfordshire too. We have had no email at all. I had to log on to the system to check and then saw we were offered KES. I have already accepted. I did receive an email confirming that from the 'system'. Hope you find out soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 am
Posts: 12
Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:20 pm
Posts: 29
sky37 wrote:
Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!

Some parts of Oxfordshire are in the catchment area, those people got heir offers on the 1st March, I think. The rest of us (outers) will have to wait till after 14th to get any further news.
Though last year SGGS were making offers off the waiting list virtually next day (2nd March), apparently Head could make 8 offers off the waiting list to the people of her choice (the top scorers), whether they will do something similar this year is not known :-(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 4600
Location: Essex
I-am wrote:
sky37 wrote:
Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!

Some parts of Oxfordshire are in the catchment area, those people got heir offers on the 1st March, I think. The rest of us (outers) will have to wait till after 14th to get any further news.
Though last year SGGS were making offers off the waiting list virtually next day (2nd March), apparently Head could make 8 offers off the waiting list to the people of her choice (the top scorers), whether they will do something similar this year is not known :-(


If this is a state school, then waiting list offers, as with the initial offers of places, have to be made strictly according to the published admissions criteria. So moving to do with 'whom the head teacher chooses', unless ' next 8 places go to the girls the head likes the look of' is seriously one of the criteria?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:20 pm
Posts: 29
ToadMum wrote:
I-am wrote:
sky37 wrote:
Thanks for this - I logged on and found we have not been offered a place. But I rang Warwickshire Admissions and they were wonderfully helpful and she will be on the waiting list - won't find out where until 14 March, but at least that is information. Oxfordshire told me I wouldn't know about waiting lists until June!!

Some parts of Oxfordshire are in the catchment area, those people got heir offers on the 1st March, I think. The rest of us (outers) will have to wait till after 14th to get any further news.
Though last year SGGS were making offers off the waiting list virtually next day (2nd March), apparently Head could make 8 offers off the waiting list to the people of her choice (the top scorers), whether they will do something similar this year is not known :-(


If this is a state school, then waiting list offers, as with the initial offers of places, have to be made strictly according to the published admissions criteria. So moving to do with 'whom the head teacher chooses', unless ' next 8 places go to the girls the head likes the look of' is seriously one of the criteria?

Well, that what was told to one of the candidates from the waiting list who got a call from the Head on 2nd March. I don't think that head saw or knew the candidates and the girl in question had score above the AQS and was out of catchment area. I guess the offers went to highest scorers from the WL according to official criteria.
I didn't mean to cause any stir by the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 am
Posts: 12
Hmmm. I'm not sure if this is making me feel much better about the whole waiting list thing but thanks for the comments.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:19 pm
Posts: 46
Last year SGGS increased PAN from 112 to 120 the day after national allocations day, hence the 8 offers given.
Good luck with the waiting list, the waiting is hard but will be over eventually. Hang in there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2016