WHEN DO YOU APPLY/REGISTER

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SKYBLUEDAD

WHEN DO YOU APPLY/REGISTER

Post by SKYBLUEDAD »

Could anyone advise me when I need to be applying (and how) for my Year 5, 9 year old daughter to sit the 11+ in 2008?

Cheers,
SKYBLUEDAD
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Well, my child is in an in-catchment school and all the details came home from school with him. I think it was before the summer holiday at the end of year 5 but I am unsure. If you are out of catchment with regard to the school your child attends, you definitely need to contact the LEA of the grammar school.
Guestxxx

Post by Guestxxx »

Try this: http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corp ... E2002BC28A
The info hasn't been updated for next year yet, but this year it was sept 14th.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Application didn't have to be in until 14th September - 4 weeks before the exam.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Clearly you don't want to leave it too late - but we went to Stratford Grammar's Open Evening at the end of September this year (i.e. after the 14 September deadline) and the Head Teacher was still urging people to apply to do the test in October.

It made me think there might be some flexibility!
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Hi

Can we apply if we live out of catchment. We live in Nuneaton. Warks Council Admissions, say that some pupils from Nuneaton have been able to get into LS (other grammar schools in Warks are too for away).

So really, I would like to ask if in reality out-of-catchment pupils have got into Warks grammar schools, particularly LS.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

If you mean Lawrence Sheriff school then, yes, it is possible to get a place out of catchment (OOC) but you receive an offer in the second round and are at a disadvantage. Last year the Sheriff admitted above their PAN and these children included OOC children. We are also OOC and crossing our fingers! I do not, however, have any knowledge about Nuneaton though just general knowledge about being out of area.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now