Nearly 'D' Day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Bect1969

Nearly 'D' Day!

Post by Bect1969 »

I just wanted to drop a note to everyone on this forum who is awaiting school place results with baited breath.......

Having been on this forum for the last few months it will be really great if you can please post your results on the forum with respect to school place offered, ranking and score.

(I am sure we all understand if you would prefer not to though)

I hope you get the places you want for your DCs and if not I am sure with parents that are looking out for them like you all, they will flourish and succeed wherever they are!! :D :D :D
rimjhimm100

Re: Nearly 'D' Day!

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Sure, Bect1969 and good luck to you too........just a few more hours!!!
ginx

Post by ginx »

Good luck to you all, I remember getting the envelope four years ago.

I look forward to reading your dc's results but totally agree, be sensitive.

However, it will be especially interesting to those of us with children sitting the 11+ this year. Good luck.
Sillygoose

Post by Sillygoose »

Yes Good Luck to everyone, if you want to share your joy here its fine by me, you child has worked their socks off and deserves it. Sometimes you need some luck too and that is worth celebrating.

I have a gradual sickness in my stomach building and will be glad when its all over, but I have a terrible feeling a long journey of the appeals system may be in our future as DD is easily up to the standard but unfortunately had a bad day, so Tuesday may be only the beginning... :cry:

All those years ago when they ushered you out of hospital with your Bounty bag in hand they don't warn you about all this do they? :lol:
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

Sillygoose wrote:Yes Good Luck to everyone, if you want to share your joy here its fine by me, you child has worked their socks off and deserves it. Sometimes you need some luck too and that is worth celebrating.

I have a gradual sickness in my stomach building and will be glad when its all over, but I have a terrible feeling a long journey of the appeals system may be in our future as DD is easily up to the standard but unfortunately had a bad day, so Tuesday may be only the beginning... :

All those years ago when they ushered you out of hospital with your Bounty bag in hand they don't warn you about all this do they? :lol:
Fingers xd for you too Sillygoose, do try not to worry!
So true, they didn't! About so many things!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

We are all looking forward to hearing how the regular forumites DC got on. But, yes, the caveat of understanding that some will have "bad" news or still be unsure, still stands. Also, PLEASE remember that a GS is just a school - a different environment that covers the same national curriculum as all the other schools out there. Sometimes things happen for a reason that may not be obvious right at this emotionally charged moment but will become clear with time. It is not the end of the world if your child does not get a GS place but it IS your responsibility as a parent to tell them how proud you are of them, how you love them and how well they will do, wherever they are destined to go.

I am not, I'm afraid, interested in people who just sign up today or tomorrow, to boast that their child has secured x school with a marvellously high score. That is great for your child - but go and boast to your family who, presumably, have supported you all the way through the last 6 months, in the same way we have tried to support our "online" family here!!
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:We are all looking forward to hearing how the regular forumites DC got on. But, yes, the caveat of understanding that some will have "bad" news or still be unsure, still stands. Also, PLEASE remember that a GS is just a school - a different environment that covers the same national curriculum as all the other schools out there. Sometimes things happen for a reason that may not be obvious right at this emotionally charged moment but will become clear with time. It is not the end of the world if your child does not get a GS place but it IS your responsibility as a parent to tell them how proud you are of them, how you love them and how well they will do, wherever they are destined to go.

I am not, I'm afraid, interested in people who just sign up today or tomorrow, to boast that their child has secured x school with a marvellously high score. That is great for your child - but go and boast to your family who, presumably, have supported you all the way through the last 6 months, in the same way we have tried to support our "online" family here!!
Agree with kenyancowgirl - it is not a forum for jumping on at the last minute and saying how well your child did! Those that have not got what they wanted will probably not want to see that. Please be sensitive when posting....

This is a really useful forum for asking questions and getting answers and tips from people who have had some experience in this process in Warks and B'm. After tomorrow, it will be useful for some people for arrangements for Sept 2106 onwards (Sharing bus information etc) and those still on the 11+ journey.

Please don'
Tillybean

Post by Tillybean »

I'm new to the forum and despite spending hours reading all the threads still don't really understand how the system works! So I may well be asking some questions tomorrow - hope that's ok. We don't have a fantastic score - 219 and ranking of 212 so not sure what to expect really but it will be good to know just to try and get a good night's sleep again!!
gingerly67

Post by gingerly67 »

Good luck Tillybean! At least not long to wait now. Which school are you hoping for?
Tillybean

Post by Tillybean »

AGS - my eldest DD is there in the sixth form and is loving it.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now