Welcome Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pegtastic

Welcome Letters

Post by pegtastic »

Does anyone know when the welcome letters will be sent out? I noticed from last years thread that they arrived the end of March, but we haven't received anything yet.

xx
kenyancowgirl

Re: Welcome Letters

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not sure what school pegtastic but KES send letters out in April inviting boys to come and meet the Head - most of these meetings are completed before the New Parents Evening in June.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Not sure what school pegtastic but KES send letters out in April inviting boys to come and meet the Head - most of these meetings are completed before the New Parents Evening in June.
I think for KES most of the 'Meet the Head' meetings are after the New Parents Eve, but DS1 had his at the end of June.

Our invite was dated Thursday 3rd April - so maybe they will get sent soon.
Last edited by Bect1969 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShakespeareRocks

Post by ShakespeareRocks »

Shottery have sent their initial welcome letters out - DD received hers at the start of the Easter break. Main purpose of the letter was to give dates for parents/carers meeting plus Year 7 Induction Day. :)
Curious Cat

Post by Curious Cat »

The KES website says...

The Headmaster will write to the parents of all successful applicants in April 2016 inviting them and their sons to meet with him at School. The letter will also contain details of the New Parents’ Evening and Induction Day which will be in June 2016.
Rockjames

Post by Rockjames »

Waiting for letter from KES for DS.

Might relax and think it's actually happening at that point instead of having to hear little voice in back of head at odd times of the night going 'what if something has gone wrong and he's not actually on the list?'
:)
gladthatsover76

Post by gladthatsover76 »

SGGS sent theirs just before Easter. Must admit receiving it gave me some peace of mind we are all confirmed to go. Just the bus to sort..
pegtastic

Post by pegtastic »

It's AGS we're waiting on. Despite having the offer, it'll feel more real when we hear from the school - silly I know!
Whynot

Post by Whynot »

Hi Pegtastic
My DS is waiting to hear from AGS too, it'll be a big relief to know that the man from admissions pressed 'accept' when I rang to accept the place! My own fault for not remembering my login to the website! Fingers crossed we hear soon.
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Rockjames wrote:Waiting for letter from KES for DS.

Might relax and think it's actually happening at that point instead of having to hear little voice in back of head at odd times of the night going 'what if something has gone wrong and he's not actually on the list?'
:)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that hears that voice as we are waiting for the KES letter too!