Welcome Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sparkles18

Re: Welcome Letters

Post by sparkles18 »

Rockjames wrote:DS's welcome letter from KES came today so I guess it is all real after all!!
That's exciting! We didn't get ours though- slightly worried now!
bambam2

Post by bambam2 »

AGS welcome letter finally received today what a relief ! :D
Rose1234

Post by Rose1234 »

We have received DS welcome letter for KES today too.
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

sparkles18 wrote:
Rockjames wrote:DS's welcome letter from KES came today so I guess it is all real after all!!
That's exciting! We didn't get ours though- slightly worried now!
We didn't get ours either sparkles18!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Don't panic! The KES office is INCREDIBLY busy this week - ridiculously so, with every single TV company known to man coming in and filming, masses of stuff to do for the Guildhall opening (and the Shuttle) this weekend and all the day to day running of the school admin too! I suspect it will arrive today!

My handy tip would be - don't buy any uniform before the New Y7 Parents Evening - bring your cheque book to that as there is some uniform/kit stuff sold there - they will then give you the date of the Second Hand Uniform Sale (I know when it is but not sure it has been formally agreed yet!) where you might be able to pick up stuff, or certainly spare kit, (and the other kit that is sold at the New Y7 night is also available) - i.e. it's not just Second Hand!!

Then you can go to the Uniform Supplier in Solihull in the holidays and get whatever else you need. By waiting till then you can speak to various parents at the school events and find out if there is anything that your particular child won't need!!

Any questions then fire away!
gingerly67

Post by gingerly67 »

Thanks for the great tips re. uniform, kcg. We have received our letter too and appointment to meet Mr Carr (gulp. I'm more nervous than DS is.) I was bemused by the form asking for child's mobile phone no and email address - he doesn't have such things yet! The musical instruments morning sounds great though.
rimjhimm100

Post by rimjhimm100 »

We received our's today and like you all have mentioned, it feels so real now! Can't wait to show it to DS when I collect him from school in a bit. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the New Parents' evening at KES......
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Yes, finally received our letter today and I think I can finally stop worrying and relax knowing that I've filled all the forms in correctly and that all the forms have been received by the correct authorities! I never imagined it was going to be just as stressful as when waiting for the results.

Hope you got your letter Bect.

Thanks Kenya for the tips on the uniform. Do you know when we will be able to access the parent portal?

Should we wear a red rose or carry a copy of a newspaper under our arm at the new parents evening so we can recognise one another :D
Yellowbox

Post by Yellowbox »

Hello all, our letter came today for KES, yes gingerly67 I was a bit taken back with the request for child's mobile number and email address but my DS trying to say obviously a priority :lol:
Yellowbox

Post by Yellowbox »

Oh yes thanks kenyancowgirl for the school uniform tips and bring a cheque book. Costs seem to be mounting everywhere at the moment so a little saving will be good especially as generally DS looses a piece of new uniform within the first week of every new school year! Look forward to meeting everyone at the new parents' evening :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now