Re: When do schools find out?...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ginx

Post by ginx »

I have split this topic into regional information. (Warks)
Hi, just wondered if anyone knows when the schools find out the results this year?
I thought schools got results a week before parents, here in Warwickshire.

Does anybody know? Sorry, this post should probably be in Warwickshire.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

ginx wrote:I thought schools got results a week before parents, here in Warwickshire.

Does anybody know? Sorry, this post should probably be in Warwickshire.
Nope. In Warwickshire schools do not get the results of the CEM test at all - at this point you have not applied to any school - they only know how your child did in October, if you tell them. I believe they get the school allocation in March a couple of days prior to parents being informed (I think it is getting closer and closer to the same day as the Council do not want any leaks from teachers/school offices etc) but it is not weeks ahead.
salsa

Post by salsa »

I think ginx meant primary schools. So, would her headteacher receive the CEM results prior to the parents?
Kent do just that to give headteachers the opportunity to appeal before parents find out the results.
For a few weeks there is all this body language studying to ascertain if the headteacher's smile means something positive or negative!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

salsa wrote:I think ginx meant primary schools. So, would her headteacher receive the CEM results prior to the parents?
Nope, in Warks everything goes through the council; primary schools have nothing to do with the process.

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now