2016 Results / 2017 Entry: Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Manon

Re: 2016 Results / 2017 Entry: Warwickshire

Post by Manon »

ps congratulations to you and dc on your result!
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

I rang Warwickshire earlier, and they said they would be posted out today. I'm really hoping they arrive tomorrow so I can get some sleep!
Lollipop100

Post by Lollipop100 »

I second that!
I was just looking forward to putting the 11+ out of mind this evening with a good film and a nice bottle of wine - but then remembered that our son needs picking up from LSS disco at 10pm this evening!
Oh well - roll on tomorrow....
ginx

Post by ginx »

I'm definitely having a nice bottle of wine. Out till 11 tomorrow ... Just in time for the post lady. Ds2 very sensible. Says he's lucky to have a good back up school. He doesn't care if he's done badly because anyone can have a bad day. (Wonder where he's heard that?)

He's so mature sometimes. He makes me feel very proud, and annoyed with myself for getting stressed.

I need to be blocked from the forum because I will be looking early - somebody must receive their post early!
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

DD just declared that she feels nervous about the post coming tomorrow (it was the topic of the day at School, by all accounts)...I said they might not come until Monday..

Good luck all - I'll be checking throughout the day :)
Bect1969

Post by Bect1969 »

Just wanted to wish those waiting for results, the very best of luck!

I have been on this forum for a fair while and whether it has been for help and advice or just a chat it has been great to know that other people can empathise as they are going throught the same thing as you.

I have been here twice before with DS1 and DS2 and I know how frustrating it is waiting for the postman/woman and whether you open the results with or without your DCs etc.

GOOD LUCK!!
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

Bect1969 wrote:Just wanted to wish those waiting for results, the very best of luck!

I have been on this forum for a fair while and whether it has been for help and advice or just a chat it has been great to know that other people can empathise as they are going throught the same thing as you.

I have been here twice before with DS1 and DS2 and I know how frustrating it is waiting for the postman/woman and whether you open the results with or without your DCs etc.

GOOD LUCK!!

Good luck everyone :)
sparkles18

Post by sparkles18 »

Good luck everyone :)
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

I can't decide if I want the results today. I've been up since 3 am and can't face two more nights of sleeping like this. However DD will be here and I was hoping to get to the post without her.

Crossing my fingers for everyone :)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

My advice? If it comes today, just airily put it on the side and say something like "oh no it's a bill, it must be coming Monday" if your child asks...Then when they are distracted, go away to a quiet place and digest the information in there. It will take a while to understand - and you may not have a clear answer (for example if they have ranked outside of the PAN for your favoured school, you won't be able to say conclusively they will get a place). You need to be clear in your own mind - and get your own emotions under control - what the information is telling you, before you try and disseminate it to your child. The letters in the past have been difficult to understand - I cannot stress how much I think a parent should NOT be opening with their child.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now