Late Submission of Proof of Address - Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

STAFFORDS7

Late Submission of Proof of Address - Warwickshire

Post by STAFFORDS7 »

As a family, we have lived at the same address for 12 years now in Northamptonshire - within the Eastern Priority Circle for Lawrence Sheriff School.
With respect to my sons 11+ application for the school, I had thought I had sent my proof of address to the Warwickshire Admissions Service before the deadline of 30 December 2016. However, it turns out / looks like - I never actually posted it. The documents were in my work bag (from pre Christmas) - and I must have forgotten to post them.
I have since scanned and e-mailed all the relevant documents (on 3 January 17) and also sent them by special delivery in the post. So they are 4 days late (or 1 working day late by e-mail). But when I phoned the Admissions Service, they have said that my son may now be classed as a late applicant and not considered in the 1st round of offers on 1st of March. After the last 3 years of planning for the 11+, I am devastated that this 'postal' omission (on my part) may now jeopardise an offer of a place at the school. Is there anything I can do to 'appeal' this decision at this stage (ie before 1st March). Any advice would be much appreciated.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Late Submission of Proof of Address - Warwickshire

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not really, I don't think. The dates are made fairly clear and the onus is on you to meet them. As they have said he may be classed as late, there is the chance that they may not class him as late and offer you in the first round anyway. If he is classed as late, he may still get an offer on or very soon after the 1st March - did your son rank/score well in the 11+? Obviously if he did, if he is classed as late he would be near the top of the waiting list.

I would contact the Admissions Service again and ask them to ensure that they have logged your recent phone call with them about what has happened on your son's record - just in case you need to appeal further down the line. In the meantime try and be positive.
STAFFORDS7

Re: Late Submission of Proof of Address - Warwickshire

Post by STAFFORDS7 »

Many thanks for your feedback. I will try to stay positive. My son was ranked 103rd with a score of 210 - so quite border-line, I think - given that we are in the Eastern Priority 'outer' circle and 10 places go to pupil premium children. I hope so much that the Admissions Service will not class him as late, to give him the best chance possible of securing a place. I have kept all e-mail correspondence that I have sent to them - explaining the situation - so hopefully that will suffice if we need to appeal further. I was going through a difficult time before Christmas due to my mother going into hospital, but am not sure if they would take such circumstances into account at all? We will see. Thank you!