Could anyone tell me how many boys in East?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mia01

Could anyone tell me how many boys in East?

Post by mia01 »

So I got the results in this morning. We live in Lutterworth which is East Area but the letter is stating that we are out of area..arghh. Obviously I can't call anyone until Monday so I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how many boys are in the East Area and what your ranking is. Thank you.
Motherof3

Re: Could anyone tell me how many boys in East?

Post by Motherof3 »

That's interesting, we are in Lutterworth too but the postie didn't bring us a letter today??
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

This is from the Warwickshire thread:

216 score here

841 out of 2694 all childrean
449 out of 1367 all boys
71 out of 368 eastern boys
140 out of 721 eastern children

If you share your score, that might get you a better ranking idea - this persons son scored 216 and is ranked 71 out of the 368 eastern boys.
mia01

Post by mia01 »

Thank you. He has scored 203 so going on last years scores he is right on the cusp of waiting list for LSS. However, the fact that he is listed as out of area really concerns me. I wish the results had arrived on a working day so I could at least speak to someone. He doesn't know his score yet as I think he has forgotten about it, frankly I think that he would rather go to one of the Lutterworth schools anyway so I know he won't be disheartened if he misses out. Just wish it was more clear cut :?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

There are often little niggles around this time - usually where priority areas go over county borders (I think Lutterworth is technically Leicestershire?) but they will be quickly sorted once you speak to them. I don't know enough about the Eastern Area (and results are coming in very very slowly!) to comment further, I am afraid - I do know the results to get offered a place are a whole lot lower than the Southern Area, though. Great that you have an alternative that he is really happy with, though, as that takes the pressure off a bit.
mia01

Post by mia01 »

To be honest I think I am more stressed about it than he is! One of his older brothers goes to LSS so obviously I would like it if they could be together. That said, the Lutterworth schools are both good so we are more fortunate than some that our catchment schools are good. :D