Combined Eleven Plus Exam Birmingham & Warwickshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

savio77

Combined Eleven Plus Exam Birmingham & Warwickshire

Post by savio77 »

Tried to find this information but couldn't get anything concrete. Is this the first year where Birmingham and Warwickshire combined the exams and results ?
JamesDean

Re: Combined Eleven Plus Exam Birmingham & Warwickshire

Post by JamesDean »

No, last year, for entry in Sept 16, was the first time.

JD
savio77

Post by savio77 »

JamesDean wrote:No, last year, for entry in Sept 16, was the first time.

JD
Thanks.
Ashu

Post by Ashu »

Would a combined exam happen this year too I mean in September 2017?
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Yes - it's a combined exam again this year.

I'm totally new to this so possibly a daft question! I've ticked I'm happy for my DS's results to be shared with Birmingham as considering a Birmingham school. However my first choice would be KES Stratford if he does well enough. Looking at the scores for this year, it looks as though the AQS for Camp Hill and Five Ways is higher than KES so totally pointless putting these as 2nd and 3rd? Particularly as we would be out of catchment for these as well? Any guidance on applying to both would be great. Thank you.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Hi MM

There are no catchments for the B'ham grammars, they'll take you from Timbuktu if your DC's score is high enough! If KES Stratford is your first choice, then put it first on your CAF. Always list the schools in the order your DC actually wants.

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Whilst it is a combined exam, the weightings given to the various sections has been different in past years, leading to a slightly different score in Bham/Warks. Warks also give a rank score with their results, whereas Bham hasn't in the past. As JD says, though, Bham have no catchment (currently) so you can apply - but listing the CAF in true order if desire is essential!
MelanieMac

Post by MelanieMac »

Thank you both for your really helpful replies - had no clue there wasn't a catchment for Birmingham schools or they weighted the results differently. Every days a school day!
KenR

Post by KenR »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Whilst it is a combined exam, the weightings given to the various sections has been different in past years, leading to a slightly different score in Bham/Warks. Warks also give a rank score with their results, whereas Bham hasn't in the past. As JD says, though, Bham have no catchment (currently) so you can apply - but listing the CAF in true order if desire is essential!
That's no longer the case - Warks and B/Ham weightings and scores have been the same for the past 2 years according to correspondence I received from the KE Foundation
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Hmmmm, really KenR? We've had forum members reporting different marks when they've shared. Admittedly only one mark different, but still different.

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now