Results day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

They have. I know of a few who got emails this evening.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Ed's mum wrote:Perfectly fair!
How? I thought the point onf a national allocation day was that everyone got their allocation on the same day?

Not that I have a problem with it but it is not fair ("in conformity with rules or standards")

:D (I put this so that you wouldn't get cross with me)

x x x (and these)
Doodys mum

Very happy mum, laid back child

Post by Doodys mum »

Hi all. Having listened to your words of wisdom with great interest, almost obssessively over the past few weeks, I was delighted this afternoon to open the email saying DS has a place at Lawrence Sheriff. I even had my appeal presentation written (following advice from these pages obviously) ready for the 'sorry you haven't got a place' message.

DS very laid back 8) , pleased at his success but would have been just as happy to get a place at local comp as they have more football rather than rugby! His only remark on seeing the email was to ask whether he would have sandwiches or hot dinners at the new school.

Now we've been through and succeeded so have some idea of what I'm talking about I'm happy to give any tips to others going through the process for next year.

Thanks for keeping me sane. Doody's Mum
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Charlotte67 wrote:Not that I have a problem with it but it is not fair
Not Warks fault as the letter came from Worcs LEA "on behalf of Warks". It was dated 2nd March but posted on Friday second class, so maybe they expected it not to arrive so soon. Maybe the Royal Mail has decided to over-perform in the light of recent political debate about its identity and ownership! Everyone else I know of in our village also heard today, although most were applying to well-regarded non-selective in Gloucs.
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Well done Doody!! I'd love some of that help for next year!!

(Bad Dad, I wasn't blaming Warks; not really blaming anyone. Just an idle comment that I felt I had to defend. I'll give up now! you can have one of these too :D . And some of these x x - but only 2 'cos Ed's mum is my best friend).
Bad Dad

Post by Bad Dad »

Thanks, Charlotte - thanks for all your advice too. Oct 2010 is my next one, so I'll be after more advice again before I know it. There will be the catchment change to deal with by then, but that's another battle for another day!
saturdayperson

Post by saturdayperson »

My god-daughter lives just over the Worcestershire border and she received her letter today telling her that she has been allocated a place at Alcester Grammar School, her first choice! :D :D I helped to prepare her for the exam so we are all ecstatic this evening - a fantastic and well deserved result! A note of encouragement for those of you who are unsuccessful - it really isn't the end of the world if you don't get into the grammar school of your choice, my daughter was an eleven plus 'failure' who ended up at the local high school, she worked incredibly hard resulting in great GCSE results, went to grammar school sixth form, achieved four As at A level and then secured a place at Oxford University where she graduated with a good 2:1 and now has an amazing job as a deputy editor of a national magazine. Hold onto your dreams and reach for the stars - I wish you all happiness and success.
Sassie'sDad

Post by Sassie'sDad »

I am pretty sure that Warwickshire C.C. said (in the small print of the orange form) that those choosing to commit to receiving their notice of results by email would receive their results slightly in advice of those who did not.

Our email was received at 17.11 hours today. It was obviously intended to arrive so late that those who have to wait until the Postman delivers their letter tomorrow, will not have to endure an unbearable wait (for their result) whilst hearing their friends' results.

My verdict is that this is a completely unnecessary turning of the knife in the wound.

I can afford to be scathing as dd passed every exam she sat. Contrary to the views expressed by some on certain parts of the Forum, the cleverest children do not necessarily go to GSs because their financially embarrassed parents cannot begin to afford the fees of those (Daemon) Independent Schools.

They are offering huge incentives to children to enable them to gain a complete and truly comprehensive education. In our case (for the coming academic year) our scholar will attend Rugby School for no parental contribution. So, a place at Rugby High School for Girls will go to someone else, equally deserving but less ambitious (more risk averse!).
This is all a terrible condemnation of successive governments of all political colours - for failing to provide a World Class (plural) Educational System.
Newsnight is playing in the background as I write and still government spokesperson is running the same tired clichés – to inhibit debate of the real inadequacies of our system. Grammar schools and Comprehensives should be expanded hugely and made available in every region. Education should not continue to be a Party Political issue and politically correct, Marxist, Social Engineering ideology should be made untenable propositions, enforceable by Law.

Aspirations and expectations generally are far too modest. Funding is far too little and the ideological and small minded approach of a seizable minority of parents who childishly play out a mixture of envy and sour grapes is totally unrealistic and unworthy of our children!

Well done to all those who received good news and heartfelt commiserations to those who did not. Nearly fifty years ago I was one of that number. Life was made harder by seeing all my siblings go to GS ... but it didn't break my spirit, or brand me a fool, nor make me hate Grammar Schools. Don't attack each other (some of you ... including the abusive ones) grow up and demand a decent education: not political spin from Ed Balls et al.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Congratulations everyone - I didn't apply online (too paranoid about system failing etc) so I am hoping our results are in today's post.

Unfortunately I have to leave in 15 mins for a meeting which will take up all morning and lunchtime, so I am going to have to be patient!
concerto

Post by concerto »

OMG!!!!!

Just been on the phone to Warwickshire LEA, my daughter scored 425.

Out of 957 took the test, she came first. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Verbal reasoning 143
Numeracy 139
Non verbal 143
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now