Results day!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
concerto

Post by concerto »

Thank you Bad Dad for thinking so highly of my daughter. she is bright, but nothing out of the ordinary. Her real forte lies in music, but that is another story.

She attends a large primary school, out of the 90+ children , she was the only girl took the Warwickshire exam. When i received her results from the LEA, i was so pround of her and in a moment of madness i posted her scores, i wasn't trying to show her off. Later when i found out her scores from KE foundation, i was trying to tell people there was no advantage by taking one or another. When we embarked on this 11+ journey, i had nobody to talk to, all those myths and stories about children scoring 90% all the time on practise papers, or having tutors was pretty scary.

I also wish my daughter can tell me all about the exams down to the last detail becausse my son is due to sit the test in 2010, but she didn't. so that's no help to anybody. To be fair, she said to me " mummy, would you rather me concentrate 100% on the test or trying to remember the questions?"

Back to Bad Dad's post, you can count me in your saddo club. I rang today, this is what they said:

VR 127/137 (93%) standardised 143
Numeric 55/70 (79%) standardised 139
NVR 31/37 (84%) standardised 143

What i do remember what my daughter said was KE exam was just endless of questions but not difficult , Warwick exam less questions but more challenging.

x
fm

Post by fm »

To Concerto,

Interesting scores. You can see what I mean about gaining a lot of standardised by being very high up in that she scored 7 more points in nonverbal than BD's child which translated to a whopping 20 more points.

I don't suppose you got your KE raw scores. I would be really interested if you did because the only raw scores I have ever seen are the ones Kenr got many years ago.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now