Scary parents

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

dyslexichelpneeded

Re: Scary parents

Post by dyslexichelpneeded »

Thanks to all. It's gone a bit quiet from my DC at present; will see what happens next.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Are you absolutely sure that what this other girl says is all true?
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

I totally agree re adult safeguarding, if all of this is true ( ans that needs to be checked, but goodness knows how...) I would be taking this further myself...as well as advising all the good advice above, this is absolutely unacceptable and abusive. It is the tip of a very dangerous iceberg.
KB

Post by KB »

I just wonder if these stories might be to some extent made up by the girl to explain why she does not participate in 'western' behaviour.
If her parents have set out strict rules about behaviour based on her home culture and other students are asking why she doesn't just do what she wants maybe its easier for her to make up the extent of the 'physical' control.
Just another possible perspective.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I think, if it was my DD, I would advise her to go and see the welfare officer and report what this girl has told her.

The reason for this is twofold: a) fundamentally, true or not, it is a big bag of po* to be dropped on your daughter's head to deal with - the what ifs, the worry for her friend etc, and I would want my daughter to be supported. b) she is then passing the relevant information to people who have been trained to investigate and deal with anything that arises - your daughter is not an expert and, although her concern for her friend is admirable, should this prove to be absolutely true (rather than a possible embellishment of a difficult situation as described by KB above) then this is not a case for concerned friends, it is a case for experts.
salsa

Post by salsa »

If all is true, the girl must have mixed feelings as it is her parents we are talking about. They are supposed to love her and this extreme control must have been sold to her as a way of her parents protecting her from situations she's not thought to be prepared for.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now