Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Peridot

Re: Staying and helping others

Post by Peridot »

Yamin :D
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

I still pop by from time to time even though my son is at Uni and Dd now year 9. The help and advice I have received has been invaluable even though neither of them even went to grammar school in the end. I like to hope that I can help with the experiences we have had in our journey so far.
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Well moved countries and still didn't completely escape then :lol: so am now just settling into a different county.

The site has expanded over my time here, the addition of the post 11+ sections is great and keeps us going.

Re differences of opinion, that's the best bit. There are people here who I will sometimes wholeheartedly agree with other times not, depending on the subject. It makes it more interesting and gives food for thought helping my own opinions evolve, sometimes on a daily basis.

My only bug bear is when people comment on posts they haven't read properly and is the reasons mine seem to get longer and longer in an effort to be understood. Ironically it seems to make the problem worse :roll: Also makes me emoticon crazy :lol: :lol:

P.s like Mystery I appear to be a thread killer but daren't comment on that particular thread. :wink:
mystery

Post by mystery »

:oops:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Tolstoy wrote:I appear to be a thread killer but daren't comment on that particular thread. :wink:
Me too Tolstoy, at one stage I got quite a complex at the number of "kills " I seemed to be racking up :wink: :D
salsa

Post by salsa »

The way I see it is that people "kill" a thread because their comment often sums up the issue very well and there is nothing else to be added!
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

I have often killed a thread, mostly because others cannot be bothered to wrangle with a mad person :oops:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

salsa wrote:The way I see it is that people "kill" a thread because their comment often sums up the issue very well and there is nothing else to be added!
Well now I'm :D . Catseye I think we'll stick with Salsa's excellent explanation :wink:
mystery

Post by mystery »

Here, here!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now