Veiled teacher: Would your child be comfortable?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guest3

Post by guest3 »

Perhaps more tolerance is needed.It is quite clear that many women have taken to the headscarf/veil as a means of asserting themselves in the face of considerable prejudice and an open season on Muslims in the western press, not to mention invasion and occupation of some of their countries. We have been here before.

Post by Guest »

I abhor mistreatment of anyone but do not see how covering your face from children when teaching is appropriate, anymore than blatently displaying your body. Girls and boys are equal in our country and both sexes should be taught that by example.

Post by Guest »

There is hypocracy in all communities. Good and bad in all. I imagine that some of those complaining about 'newly converted catholics' gaining places to their schools do not all adhere to the birth control restrictions placed on them by their religion. This argument is not an excuse to have a go at Muslims. Veils have no place in teaching. What they wear outside of it, whilst it does not make sense to me and indeed somewhat offends my sensibilities, is their perogative.

Post by Guest »

Why is my note delted ?

Post by Guest »

BTW for those confused about the argument of which i speak... it has now been deleted.

Post by Guest »

Who decides what is appropriate and what is not, is this not a free speech board?

Post by Guest »

Free speech is a complicated issue. Sometimes it can be seen as bullying and we should not condone that. This is a debate about whether our children should be taught by women with covered faces and we are at liberty to say yes or no and why.. but as a guest I don't believe it is a forum to espouse xenophobia or religious hatred.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Formadmin deleted your post, seconds before I was about to. It did not comply with forum rules.

Perhaps you would like to post again WITHOUT using stereotypical language.

You were implying that EVERY member of a certain part of the population, have double standards.....this is clearly not the case.

As for using a comedy film to back up your remarks.....

Patricia

Post by Guest »

The "comdey film....." had some bitter home truths with regard to being hypocritical and how other quarters of the minority community are ignored and overlooked, AND also, painted under the same brush when reporting in the media !
patricia

Post by patricia »

Yes, guest, the film did show some hypocritical scenes...however there is hypocracy within all communities......It doesn't mean All members of THAT community sould be 'tarred with the same brush'

Unfortunately your original post suggested that ALL members of that same community were of the same ilk....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now