Girls' shoes

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

Post by moved »

We've just moved from the Tbar style that Cs make onto their teen range. Several styles were very plain, flat with single strap. Obviously the preferred style is the flattest available. Interestingly the first pair had butterflies on the sole so we couldn't buy them even though only the ground could see them!
zorro

Post by zorro »

Rhino shoes good for girls and boys- very strong and well made.(also very expensive!)
Also Ricosta shoes (ditto pricewise.)
I don't have any problems with 15 yr old DD, but 12 yr old DS gets through shoes at an alarming rate :roll:
sp

Post by sp »

My 14 year old DS wanted slip ons (he is in Men's size 10) and we said no as he has had many problems with feet and ankles. He now wears DMs which my DH says he would have killed to wear at 14!! DS hates them but no problems with feet etc
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

rachag wrote:Perhaps she's just learning early that, as a woman, she likes the colour but not the fit, shop hasnn't got it in her size, can't find anything when you are looking but treasure trove when you are broke, etc etc, and that's not even touching the surface with trying to buy jeans...
:lol: :lol:
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

moving wrote: Interestingly the first pair had butterflies on the sole so we couldn't buy them even though only the ground could see them!
:lol: aren't they funny :lol:

LFH
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Well, I have just spent a pleasant hour on-line looking at possible options for DD's next shoes.

I shall make her sit and choose her shoes on-line then go to the shop and get her measured. If they have them in the shop great, if not we will order on-line and see how we get on from there!

I may just have to buy myself some as compensation for slaving over a hot computer on her behalf :lol: :lol: :lol:
Igglepiggle

Post by Igglepiggle »

Lots of ideas there; thanks everyone.

No doubt we'll find a compromise - seem to be having to do that quite a lot these days, with clothes, hairstyles, shoes etc. Thank goodness for school uniform!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

My 10 year old daughter has a really high bridge (?) (arch??) (the top of her foot, not the underneath) and, consequently, really struggles to find shoes to fit. Certainly, she rarely has a 'choice'!

We go in really stressed and anxious and, if we find a suitable pair, leave beaming.

I HATE SHOE SHOPPING!!!
Igglepiggle

Post by Igglepiggle »

Have seen some "Miss Rhino" from St***ite, that don't look TOO frumpy, sort of a clompy ballet pump, so will try and steer her gently in that direction. How sad am I thinking about school shoes, have no idea what I'm wearing tomorrow, let alone in September.
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I have two daughters and shoe buying is a painful process...

I have just bought a pair of R..no ballet style pumps with a criss cross strap called Beatrice for my 10 year old daughter in a size 5 1/2 so I am hoping they will still fit for September as I dont want to be caught up in the shoe buying frenzie in August/September which will be here before we know it. My 15 year old also approved of the purchase ( I dont think she would wear them but she said they were ok). In fact my older daughters last school shoes were adult C....ks and have lasted a full school year amazing as she used to go through shoes in half a term if I bought cheap imitations. So I would recomend you look at the R..no Beatrice shoe on the internet.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now